Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.

[sctbutton.jpg]


http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2007/12/27/RM0608_Chicken_and_Rice_e.jpg

Parmesan Chicken and Rice

10-3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 oz. pkg. onion soup mix
1 c. long cooking rice, uncooked
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 T. butter, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese to taste

Mix together soup, milk, soup mix and rice in a medium bowl; set aside. Arrange chicken breasts in a lightly greased slow cooker; place one tablespoon butter on top of each chicken breast.

Pour soup mixture over chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high setting for 4 to 6 hours. Serves 4 to 6.



22 comments:

Mari said...

That sounds tasty. Sorry - I don't have a recipe to share today because I am just home from work and need to go to bed - just doing a quick blog check first!

Anonymous said...

Your chicken recipe looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

How yummy that sounds Sandra,Thank you for hosting every week.

Micha @ Cookin' Mimi said...

Yay, another chicken recipe. Just can't let my dad know it has cheese in it. He has this weird (in my opinion) thing about not eating chicken with cheese, but he loves chicken enchiladas. Go figure!

~Micha

Marlayna said...

I love chicken recipes. And am trying to find more crock pot recipes, my oven is not working right and I am so afraid of the leaking gas. So until we can afford a new oven I like slow cooker recipes.

I think it would be okay to substitute cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Like chicken and rice recipes. This one looks yummy.

Mamajil said...

yum this looks so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thaks for visiting! In response to your question; no, I'm not South African, I'm British but I lived in Kenya (and Uganda and Tanzania) for a long time.
Loving your blog! I have to get organised and get some recipes on mine! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful, as always! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful... I am going to try it soon.

MJ

Kristie said...

My husband loves Chicken Parm so I can't wait to try this one. YUM!

Amy said...

Looks yummy! I think I will try this today too... need to do a pantry check, but I think I have all the ingredients maybe minus the mushroom soup... yummy! Thankyou again for sharing your favorite recipes, Sandra! You are such a blessing!

Amy

Renee said...

This sounds (and looks) delicious! I'll be making this soon. Thanks for hosting this.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Chicken and rice is so good. I had some the other day. and filling. Thanks for this recipe.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

That looks easy and delicious, my kind of slow cooker recipe!

Take care,
Steph

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That sounds yummy! I want to read up on some of these others because I love crockpot meals! Thanks for sharing!

We got the book from your giveaway the other day...Joy was so excited and had the whole thing read before bedtime...played on the website....and wants more! Thanks!

Tammy

Blessed Beyond said...

Yummy! This sounds wonderful!!! I hope you are having a great day! Hugs and Blessings,

Laura said...

Im so glad SlowCooking Thursday is back! ((it was gone for awhile wasnt it?? or am I just losing it?))

Anywho, I will definitely be trying this recipe. Yumm! Do you know if any other kind of rice would work?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

This sounds really good, Sandra! Have you made this yet? I wonder how the rice does in the crockpot. I think I've tried a slow cooker recipe once that has rice and it was an unmitigated disaster. If you've made this and can vouch for it though, I'd like to try this one. Sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful day :)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

This sounds like one of those dishes you want leftovers from...sounds so good! I'll definitely have to try it. :)

~melody~

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by. As for the red hot and apples, I have a similar version (without the caramel and not a slow cooker recipe) for pears and red hots. I'll see if I can find it and post it. (Comes from my MIL's recipes and it is pretty delicious!)

crystal said...

Oh, I am making THIS as soon as may be. I love SCT! I need to chime in next week.

Loves.