Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{ It's cloudy out here }

and the perfect day to indulge in some home cooking.

I have to tell you, I love Trisha Yearwood's new cookbook and if you've been following my food blog, you would know that.....because for the past week I've made tons of her recipes.

I can't even pick a favorite, it's ridiculously good but my hips are starting to scream and I'm starting to freak out.

I love you Trisha, but go easy on me, I don't need to gain 20 lbs right now.

Here's what's been going on in my kitchen, prepare yourselves cause I am not responsible for any drooling that may occur which may inadvertently ruin keyboards and laptops etc. You've been warned *wink*

Twice-Baked Potatoes (Enough said, potatoes and me are *likethis*)
2010_04120007

Sweet and Saltines (Lawd have mercy)
2010_04160021

Hot Corn Dip (should be named Hot CRACK)
Hot Corn Dip

Baked Spaghetti (this was ridiculous, I have never had such a good baked spaghetti)
Trisha Yearwood's Baked Spaghetti

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese (Kill me now, I hate mac & cheese but OH MAN)
Trisha Yearwood Crockpot Mac & Cheese

Any sympathy for me yet?

I can't even think straight, my eyes skim the kitchen counter and see that book and I start drooling, you know when you get that weird sensation in the back of your jaw, that *gotta have something good now* feeling?

Yeah, I'm past that, I'm considering giving myself and Trisha a couple name, like Sasha or something. I'm beyond help.

But that's why I'm posting this here because I figure, I shouldn't suffer enjoy this alone.

So go on, go check out the recipes, go make them for your family, then come back and tell me what you think, tell me I haven't lost my mind and that the recipes really are all that and a BIG bag of chips.

Just don't say I didn't warn you. I found myself hogging the crockpot mac and cheese last night, and I've been known to hide Sweet and Saltines in my bedroom for a late night snack. I'm in trouble!

2 comments:

Conny said...

oh, girl! That stuff all looks good enough to eat ... eat A LOT of, that is!! :) YUM!! Thanks for sharing - since I didn't win the cookbook (whine!), I can at least try some of the recipes anyway! :)

Mari said...

This cookbook looks better with every post!