Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shopping, Shopping!!!

I have to make this one quick, we're heading out for a day of shopping in Boise which is about 45 minutes from the base.
Funny that we don't really go there often, so many other military families stationed at this base, go to Boise at least once or twice a month. US????? Oh maybe once or twice a YEAR!!! LOL

But anyway the reason for going there today is that Jasmine's school was offering computers for the kids for just $30. She really needs her own computer for school and homework etc, so we figured, you know this is a good deal!!! So today, she has a one hour class to attend where they will show her how to use it, what software is in there etc etc....and then she gets the computer
Now, you know me, I am not a sucker for punishment, so I am NOT putting myself and everyone else through 1 hour of hearing Nicholas scream and try to touch everything......being that the computer store is in a shopping outlet.....YAY for me!!! LOL
Curt will take Jasmine to the class and Nic and I are going to walk around the stores and get some birthday presents for him and Jasmine's birthday.
We are also planning on going out to eat for his birthday which is on tuesday but since we will be in Boise we thought it would be nice to go to an actual restaurant. God help us!!!
I AM taking the camera though so that you guys can see what Boise is like......so look for those pics to be up here either tonight or in my post tomorrow morning.

Ever since we've had kids there have been very few times that we actually go to a sit down dinner, most of the times it's just drive-thru, but ever so often we will put ourselves through the ringer and allow for a sit down family meal, which usually turns into a "HURRY UP AND EAT AND LET'S GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE FAST" meal. LOL

So before I leave I want to mention a site which I absolutely love. It's called Any Soldier.
You know that there are a lot of soldiers out there, especially in Iraq right now, who need all the support they can get. One of the things they most love is getting letters. Yes they need care packages and other items, but Letters are THE MOST requested thing by these Soldiers.
When you go to this site click on "
Where to Send" and on the left side you will have a HUGE list of soldiers names and addresses where you can send your letters too. Some people get put off because they don't know what to say to them, well, just speak from the heart and mostly tell them that they are appreciated and are being thought of while over there fighting for our freedom.
I wish people would understand that though a lot of soldiers get care packages and mail from family and friends, there are some that get absolutely nothing. It's got to be heartbreaking to feel so totally alone in an unsafe place. So please even if you just write
ONE letter, please I ask that you reach out to the soldiers and let them know that they haven't been forgotten :)

Alright I have to get ready to leave, so I hope you all have a great weekend, and I'll be back later with an update of our day.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Hope you had fun!!! Really cool about Jasmine & the computer. What a great deal!

Courtney said...

OH forgot to tell ya. I love your new profile pic its too cute & soooo you! LOL!

Sandra said...

Dad - Glad you liked the photo....yeah it sucks that you haven't met her yet, but we're working on it so hopefully this year. Love you:)

Court - Thanks, she loves the computer and it's pretty much just a homework computer, it even came with some 2nd grade and 3rd grade reading software :) LOL glad you like my profile pic I needed a change and thought that was perfect LOL