Monday, January 02, 2012

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 2012 #1 }

Good Morning :)

So as I start a new journey on my blog, I have decided to change things up a little, give some old features a shaking up and bring to life some which have long been set aside....but that is for another post.

With that said though, I am changing Happy Homemaker Monday ever so slightly, removing some of the categories and putting others in.  If you've already done yours for today, no problem, go ahead and still link up but then next week you can try the new one if you wish :)

PS....PLEASE only add links to Happy Homemaker Posts, don't include a link back to your blog homepage or to recipes.  It makes it very confusing for those looking just to click on HHM!  All non related links will be deleted.  Thank you :) 

Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It's supposed to get up to 76 degrees this afternoon and then a low of 47 for the night.  I still think that for this time of the year it's a little hot.  lol

On my reading pile::: 
A couple books for review, matter of fact here shortly I will post a review for Folly Beach over at my Reading Blog. I'm also reading Maid to Match on my Kindle and really enjoying it.


On my TV:::
Enjoying Season 3 of the Land Girls.  If you've never watched it, be sure to catch it, you can watch the whole first season on Netflix.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Chicken Curry.
Tuesday - Tuna and Bread Lasagna (sounds weird but instead of lasagna noodles you use bread slices)
Wednesday - Carne de Alguidar (Portuguese Pork in a wine and garlic marinade)
Thursday - Clam Chowder
Friday - Chicken a la King
Saturday - Shepherd's Pie
Sunday - Frango Estufado (Portuguese Chicken)

On my to do list:::
Laundry and lots of it, going to make some more Angry Birds, getting hubby's lunches prepared for the week.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Angry Birds

Looking around the house:::
A messy living room needing some tidying up, plants needing to be watered, bathrooms to be cleaned, laundry to be washed and folded.

From the camera:::

Cup of coffee

Something fun to share:::
I was watching Kirstie's Handmade Christmas and they made some really cute Leather bound books.  I have always wanted to try and hubby LOVES leather handmade books for drawing or journaling, so I'm on the lookout for some cheap faux leather that I can use. 

On my prayer list:::
My friend Courtney's sister Amanda who is in the hospital.

Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Do not forsake your friend and the friend of your father, and do not go to your brother's house when disaster strikes you—better a neighbor nearby than a brother far away." Proverbs 27:10

 ***********************************

To make it easier for you all, here is the list if you want to just copy it and add your own ;)


The weather:::


On my reading pile::: 



On my TV:::


On the menu for this week:::
Monday
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::


Looking around the house:::


From the camera:::



Something fun to share::: (maybe you saw something on Pinterest you would like to share with others, maybe there's a place you want to go visit, or a restaurant you want to try out or a certain item you have been wanting to buy)


On my prayer list::: (anyone you are praying for or yourself if you're in need of prayer)


Bible verse, Devotional::: 


9 comments:

Heather said...

Happy New Year Sandra, hope your new year is off to a good start! Praying for many blessings for you and your family. And many thanks to your husband AND you AND your children for the sacrifices you all make for our country!

Susanne said...

It's been really warm up around here too, Sandra. Record Warm for Southern Alberta, that is. Very windy, but that's what brings the warmth.

Love the picture of the coffee cup. Do you use the manual settings on your camera?

Jen said...

Love the new format! Your angry birds were very cute.

Happy New Year!!

Unknown said...

hope you have a good start to the new year

Mommy Made Whole said...

Hi Sandra,
I just wanted to let you know that I think you are wonderful and I love your blog. :) I'm new to being a stay at home mom, and have found your blog to be inspirational and informative. And you motivated me to finally start my own blog!
Keep on writing. :)

http://modified-mommy.blogspot.com/

Jaymi @ Oh Geez... said...

Nice! I don't know how you do it all! I'm thinking about joining this meme starting next week, but there's a lot to keep track of! I don't think I can keep up with you :)

Kristy Jensen said...

I love the new set up. I am joining. I hope you have a Happy New Year Sandra!

Liz said...

Happy New Year! I love the new and updated Happy Homemaker Monday post. I love your pictures. You always take the most beautiful and artistic pictures.

Kelly @ The Nourishing Home said...

Hi, Sandra. I hope I am in joining in correctly? I am a contributor to a wonderful new blog called The Better Mom. I've shared our new series on Saying YES which is focused on encouraging wives/moms in making their families a priority. We also provide free meal plans to help women in caring for their families as well. If this is not the type of posts you would like on your homemaking link-up, please let me know. Blessings to you, Kelly