Good morning everyone,
I am not going to take much time today, my brain is just not right at the moment. Last week my stepmom arrived, and the very next day, my older brother asked to do a video call with me, our other brother and my stepmom. He informed us that he had a mild heart attack and that after he was rushed to the hospital and they did an angiogram, he is going for a triple bypass on Thursday. Unfortunately, with the emotion of having to tell us what was happening and the fear of it all, he passed out on camera. We got the fright of our lives.
Anyway, it's been extremely difficult to deal with this with us being here in the States and him being in South Africa in ICU. I am all over the place, I am stressed and sad and scared and all the feelings. Please pray for my brother's surgery and for all of us who are just basically on automatic, not knowing what to do or how to get through this.
Ok, let's get this post up, I've been sitting here for two hours staring at the screen and not being able to form a cohesive thought.
I hope you are all doing well and having a wonderful Labor Day weekend.
God bless,
Sandra
xoxoxo

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Still hot but starting to cool down, thankfully.
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on the couch, chatting with my brother while he's in hospital, and trying to get this post up.
♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
My brother's surgery on Thursday. It is the only thing on my mind, and his well being until then.
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
I'm not well, and to be perfectly honest, I am struggling, a lot. I feel like I am out of sorts, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe one of you will understand, but physically I am ok, and spiritually I am ok, I feel peace and am not outwardly stressed, but I can tell that I am stressed and emotional and my family can tell that I am not well. I can't seem to focus, I can't think straight, I say stupid things and do stupid things, and lose focus and it's really hard right now.
♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I've just had two cups of coffee, some eggs and a piece of toast.
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Not sure, I haven't been very hungry.
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
We had a barbecue with the family yesterday and have a lot of leftovers so will be eating that.
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Almost 9am and I am still in my nightgown. I do need to go change soon and will definitely be putting on a very comfy dress.
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
Finishing off 1 Samuel in the Bible.
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Haven't watched anything in days, not sure if I will today either, just don't feel like it.
♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I have to give it a good clean today, and we're staying home today to rest, so it will be good to have a full day of calm homemaking. I need it.
♥♥ To Do List for the week ♥♥
- Grocery shopping on Wednesday
♥♥ Something fun to share ♥♥
I honestly have nothing to share today, I apologize.

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Still hot but starting to cool down, thankfully.
Monday - Mostly Sunny, 104
Tuesday - Mostly Sunny, 104
Wednesday - Mostly Sunny, 104
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 99
Friday - Mostly Sunny, 103
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 103
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 101
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It is sunny outside, and at this moment I am sitting at the living room couch and from my window I can see deer in my front yard, just walking around.
Tuesday - Mostly Sunny, 104
Wednesday - Mostly Sunny, 104
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 99
Friday - Mostly Sunny, 103
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 103
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 101
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It is sunny outside, and at this moment I am sitting at the living room couch and from my window I can see deer in my front yard, just walking around.
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on the couch, chatting with my brother while he's in hospital, and trying to get this post up.
♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
My brother's surgery on Thursday. It is the only thing on my mind, and his well being until then.
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
I'm not well, and to be perfectly honest, I am struggling, a lot. I feel like I am out of sorts, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe one of you will understand, but physically I am ok, and spiritually I am ok, I feel peace and am not outwardly stressed, but I can tell that I am stressed and emotional and my family can tell that I am not well. I can't seem to focus, I can't think straight, I say stupid things and do stupid things, and lose focus and it's really hard right now.
♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I've just had two cups of coffee, some eggs and a piece of toast.
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Not sure, I haven't been very hungry.
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
We had a barbecue with the family yesterday and have a lot of leftovers so will be eating that.
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Almost 9am and I am still in my nightgown. I do need to go change soon and will definitely be putting on a very comfy dress.
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
Finishing off 1 Samuel in the Bible.
A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham.
A Sacrifice of Praise and Thanksgiving: 30 Days of rejoicing in
God's goodness by Wendy Speake,
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Haven't watched anything in days, not sure if I will today either, just don't feel like it.
♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Monday - Leftover barbecue
Tuesday - Chicken Strogonoff, Mashed Potatoes, Roast Vegetables
Wednesday - Pork Cebolada, Rice, Salad
Thursday - Beef Enchiladas, Leftover Rice, Beans, Sauteed Greens
Wednesday - Pork Cebolada, Rice, Salad
Thursday - Beef Enchiladas, Leftover Rice, Beans, Sauteed Greens
Friday - Leftover Night or homemade pizzaDinosaur Museum so will eat out
Saturday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Sunday -
Saturday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Sunday -
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I have to give it a good clean today, and we're staying home today to rest, so it will be good to have a full day of calm homemaking. I need it.
♥♥ To Do List for the week ♥♥
- Grocery shopping on Wednesday
- Carpet clean, vacuum, dust
- Normal daily cleaning, kitchen, bathroom, living spaces
♥♥ What I am creating ♥♥
Still working on the Universe in Bloom Blanket, I may need to grab it this week to keep calm during my brother's open heart surgery.
♥♥ Something fun to share ♥♥
I honestly have nothing to share today, I apologize.
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
Didn't take any new photos, so apologies as well.
♥♥ Prayers, Devotional ♥♥
My prayers are for many, but right now I am in full focus mode with my brother Paul.
If you remember me mentioning my brother was here in December of last year, with my sister in law and niece.
On Thursday, he will be having open heart surgery for a triple bypass. Please keep him in your prayers, and also the rest of the family. This is so difficult to go through and deal with. We are all struggling, all just here not really living but on automatic. I know that God has this, I know that God will see us all through, I know that God will be present during the surgery and that it will go well. But the flesh tends to take over the spirit and push in that fear and worry. I refuse to let it in, but it's a daily, minute to minute, hour to hour battle, and that is what I need prayer for.


No comments:
Post a Comment