Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/23/2013

Good morning my friends :) Here we are, our first Fall Happy Homemaker Monday, so exciting.



The Weather:::
51 degrees right now, been feeling the cooler weather especially in the mornings.  I find myself walking around the house with a sweater on.  Looks like lower temps and rain this coming week. 


Right now I am:
Typing this post up while I sit at the kitchen table with my son and nephew, listening to their chatter. 

Thinking:
That I need to go have my finger checked out.  I've been having some pain in my joint and it's a little swollen, so not sure what is going on. 

On my reading pile:::
Currently reading The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek. 

On my tv:::
Catching up on Hell on Wheels.
Sleepy Hollow
Breaking Amish

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Crockpot Italian Sandwiches
Tuesday - Fish Cakes with Tomato Rice
Wednesday - Chicken Fricassee with Rice
Thursday - Beef Stew
Friday - Tuna Chick Pea Salad
Saturday - In Boise for the day
Sunday - Chicken Curry

On my to do list:::
Laundry - one load to iron and put away
Homeschooling
Take kids to Tae Kwon Do


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Working on a pair of knitted boot cuffs for my daughter.  Also started a stash yarn buster blanket to get rid of all the little balls of yarn laying around.  I'm using the blanket stitch for this one and I love how fast it's coming together.  I don't usually like blankets with many colors but I think this one will look cute when it's done.

Looking around the house:::
Have a sink full of dishes, even though there's 8 of us in the house, we are doing dishes by hand and foregoing the dishwasher.  I find it is actually quicker this way because we stay on top of the dishes instead of letting them pile up. 

From the camera:::

_MG_8626


On my prayer list:::
My family back home as they deal with my grandmother's passing.
Still praying for my brother and sister in law for jobs.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
So speak and so act as [people should] who are to be judged under the law of liberty [the moral instruction given by Christ, especially about love].
—James 2:12

It can be difficult to grasp the idea of the “law of liberty,” because law and liberty seem to be worlds apart: A law says one thing, while liberty says another. I believe the law of liberty spoken of in James 1:25 refers to the freedom of self control, because God puts a new heart in us that wants to obey His law of love.

With this new heart that Jesus gave you, you have the ability to be led of the Spirit, who gives you the power and freedom to love others. Enjoy your day by allowing the Lord to love others through you.

6 comments:

Christy said...

One of my best friends from college is from Boise, and I spent Thanksgiving 1982 there with her family. I have been thinking and praying for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Naomi said...

I hope you haven't done anything too serious to your finger!
I need a bit of a stash busting project too... I think I might crochet some cushion covers perhaps :)

I hope you have a blessed week Sandra, you and your family are still in our prayers :) xx

Mary said...

Exactly, Sandra. I've never heard it referred to as the "law of liberty", purely as free`will. The Lord wanting us to gain and grow in grace, by choosing freely to do what is right, to do so out of love. we truly believe we need more such discussions in our society, thank you.

Regarding your finger joints, if you don't have bruising, I'm inclined to think, rather than a sprain.. you might be experiencing some arthritus, given you've returned to a colder, more humid climate. By all means see a doc, but try wearing gloves when you go out first thing, finger/hand exercises to limber up, the way you would before jogging... see if that helps. Here's a link to a great slideshow of such hand exercises from the Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/arthritis/AR00030

I use them, as I started showing signs of arthritus in my finger joints, and they do help.

Mary

Lisa said...

I think not using the dishwasher actually cuts down on time, too. Have a good week!

DELETED said...

wow i just love your blog! loves from holland...

Renee said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmothers passing. (I'm a bit behind catching up on my blog readins) Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.