Good morning sweet ladies, and a happy Monday to you all.
Come on in and sit with me a little. First, I have to apologize for my mistake last week, when I happily stated that it was the last Happy Homemaker Monday of August 🤣
In my eagerness to end the month, which coincidentally is my birthday month which you would think I would love, and I do obviously, but the heat is unbearable and I always feel like it's a month that forcibly holds us hostage before the wonderful Fall and BER months begin.
But, as I was saying, in my eagerness to put it aside, I claimed it was the last post of the month, and then was very kindly reminded by one of you in the comments, that it was not so. I got a good chuckle out of it 😂
Anyway, today IS the last post of the month, so happy to say that.
Let's get right on with this post because I have a busy day and quite busy week ahead of me. I will be taking you along as I prepare and finish some projects around the house before my stepmom arrives Wednesday morning.
So, without any more delay let's just get this going.
Have a wonderful blessed week my friends.
Sandra
xoxoxo

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Sigh, just a deep disappointed sigh. The heat has been relentless.
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
At my desk, I am typing up this post, and I just finished watching a documentary on Netflix that made me so angry, ugh.
♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
On everything I need to do this week, before and after my stepmom arrives. I better get it all on paper or I am going to forget something.
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
I am doing well, though a bit sad that we couldn't make it to gym or church this weekend, due to the Hotter than Hell annual bike ride that practically closes down our whole town.
♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I have had a cup of coffee, two scrambled eggs with some cottage cheese for extra protein, and a piece of oat nut toasted bread. I will be having my second cup of coffee in about an hour.
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Lunch will be some honey vanilla greek yogurt with granola and frozen blueberries.
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Potato skins, Salad.
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
I'm in my nightgown and will change into some comfy shorts and a tshirt later.
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
Finishing off 1 Samuel in the Bible.
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Homemaking and book vlogs
♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
♥♥ To Do List for the week ♥♥
- Paint entryway closet and put together new console table

♥♥ Something fun to share ♥♥
When planning visits for family members, you don't have to spend a lot of money to entertain them. There are always local free museums, historic place markers, wonderful trails or parks, and there is always the choice to play games at home, watch a movie and just spend time together.

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Sigh, just a deep disappointed sigh. The heat has been relentless.
Monday - Sunny, 101
Tuesday - Sunny, 101
Wednesday - Sunny, 100
Thursday - Sunny, 101
Friday - Sunny, 101
Saturday - Mostly Sunny, 100
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 99
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
From my bedroom window I can see the trees in my backyard, as the morning sun shines brightly on their leaves, they give off the most beautiful magical golden hue. I love morning sunlight.
Tuesday - Sunny, 101
Wednesday - Sunny, 100
Thursday - Sunny, 101
Friday - Sunny, 101
Saturday - Mostly Sunny, 100
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 99
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
From my bedroom window I can see the trees in my backyard, as the morning sun shines brightly on their leaves, they give off the most beautiful magical golden hue. I love morning sunlight.
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
At my desk, I am typing up this post, and I just finished watching a documentary on Netflix that made me so angry, ugh.
♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
On everything I need to do this week, before and after my stepmom arrives. I better get it all on paper or I am going to forget something.
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
I am doing well, though a bit sad that we couldn't make it to gym or church this weekend, due to the Hotter than Hell annual bike ride that practically closes down our whole town.
♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I have had a cup of coffee, two scrambled eggs with some cottage cheese for extra protein, and a piece of oat nut toasted bread. I will be having my second cup of coffee in about an hour.
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Lunch will be some honey vanilla greek yogurt with granola and frozen blueberries.
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Potato skins, Salad.
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
I'm in my nightgown and will change into some comfy shorts and a tshirt later.
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
Finishing off 1 Samuel in the Bible.
I read and finished Henrietta by Sophie Irwin and really enjoyed it, although it very much reminded me of Summerhaven by Tiffany Odekirk. It was a fun read nonetheless.
I also started A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham.
Starting A Sacrifice of Praise and Thanksgiving: 30 Days of rejoicing in
God's goodness by Wendy Speake, this morning as my non fiction read.
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Homemaking and book vlogs
I just watched The Death of a Pastor's Wife on Netflix. Have never been more infuriated and frustrated, and angry at a Pastor as I have watching this documentary. This whole story is horrific.
♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Monday - Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Potato skins, Roasted Broccoli and Cauli
Tuesday - Clam Pasta, Salad, Greek Salad
Wednesday - Family coming over to see stepmom, having pizza for everyone
Thursday - Greek Chicken, Rice, Veggies
Wednesday - Family coming over to see stepmom, having pizza for everyone
Thursday - Greek Chicken, Rice, Veggies
Friday - Dinosaur Museum so will eat out
Saturday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Sunday - Labor Day BBQ (Burgers, Brats, BLT pasta salad, Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Texas Sheet Cake
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I've been organizing and fixing and moving things around. The new couches arrived on Thursday of last week, but I still had the old couches here which made everything extremely crowded, but thankfully the old couches are being picked up this morning.
Saturday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Sunday - Labor Day BBQ (Burgers, Brats, BLT pasta salad, Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Texas Sheet Cake
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I've been organizing and fixing and moving things around. The new couches arrived on Thursday of last week, but I still had the old couches here which made everything extremely crowded, but thankfully the old couches are being picked up this morning.
I need to do the usual Monday pick up around the house and reset for the week.
♥♥ To Do List for the week ♥♥
- Paint entryway closet and put together new console table
- Carpet clean, vacuum, dust
- Normal daily cleaning, kitchen, bathroom, living spaces
- Clear out turtle tank and put in the new basking platform
- Pick up stepmom on Wednesday morning, family get together Wednesday night
- Dinosaur Museum on Friday
- Labor Day BBQ Sunday
♥♥ What I am creating ♥♥
Been slowly working on the Universe in Bloom Blanket, but will probably set it aside while my stepmom visits.

♥♥ Something fun to share ♥♥
When planning visits for family members, you don't have to spend a lot of money to entertain them. There are always local free museums, historic place markers, wonderful trails or parks, and there is always the choice to play games at home, watch a movie and just spend time together.
I am not one who believes that the visiting family needs to be taken everywhere and be out every day. I often find that when that happens, you both end up exhausted and at the end of the vacation, you haven't really spent time together.
So look for fun things to do around your immediate area, and at home.
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
Turkish Pasta is such an easy meal to put together, and such a great twist on the traditional spaghetti meal. I'll be putting up the recipe on my food blog Full Bellies, Happy Kids, either this afternoon or tomorrow.
♥♥ Devotional ♥♥
I thought that since I am beginning A Sacrifice of Praise and Thanksgiving today, I would share one of my favorite Psalms, that I feel speak to being grateful and thankful.
Blessings,
♥ Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
♥ Diary of a Stay at Home Mom




No comments:
Post a Comment