Monday, December 09, 2013

The Sweetest Thing by Cathy Woodman - TLC Book Tour

http://tlcbooktours.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Cathy-Woodman-The-Sweetest-Thing.jpg

If only everything in life was as simple as baking a cake...

Jennie Copeland thought she knew the recipe for a happy life: marriage to her university sweetheart, a nice house in the suburbs and three beautiful children. But when her husband leaves her, she is forced to find a different recipe. And she thinks she's found just what she needs: a ramshackle house on the outskirts of the beautiful Talyton St George, a new cake-baking business, a dog, a horse, chickens...

But life in the country is not quite as idyllic as she'd hoped, and Jennie can't help wondering whether neighbouring farmer Guy Barnes was right when he told her she wouldn't last the year.

Or perhaps the problem is that she's missing one vital ingredient to make her new life a success. Could Guy be the person to provide it?


Cathy Woodman

About

Cathy Woodman began her working life as a small animal vet before turning to writing fiction. In 2002 she won the Harry Bowling First Novel Award and is a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association. She is also a sessional lecturer in Animal Management at a local college for land-based industries.

Her books center around the Otter House Vets, a practice set in Talyton St George, a fictional market town in East Devon (where Cathy lived as a child). Cathy now lives with her husband, two children, two ponies, three exuberant Border Terriers and two cats in a village near Winchester, Hampshire.

**************************************

My thoughts:

This was such a cute book to read, I can't even begin to tell you.

Let's start with the fact that it's a British book, and if you've known me for a while, you will know what a huge anglophile I am.  So that right there got me excited, then the cover added to the excitement because when I look at it, it actually reminds me of The Great British Bake Off which I LOVE watching.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, matter of fact it seemed to go by so quick.  It's a fun, cute, girly read and sometimes that is all I need in my crazy life.

Romance, horses, cake, I mean, come on, who wouldn't enjoy that?

I have to give it a huge thumbs up!!!



Thank you to TLC Book Tours for providing me with a review copy. 



2 comments:

Susanne said...

I'll have to keep my eye out for it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being on the tour!