Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/17/2014

Good morning my friends, how are you doing on this Monday?

I have been up since 4:30am, was woken up by very strong winds making it seem like the house was going to fall apart.  Of course, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I'm quite tired this morning, at least until the coffee kicks in.

Alright, well, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday post.  I am sorry I didn't get to visit you all last week but I had a very sick boy on my hands.  I will come by today though :)


As I look outside my window:::
Very strong winds, the trees are whipping back and forth and the rain is hitting hard.  My trash can has toppled over with the winds.  It's 45 degrees right now and cloudy grey skies, looks like this is what we have on the horizon for the rest of the day. 

Right now I am:::
Writing this post up, drinking the last bit of my coffee and also listening to my Portuguese soap on the computer. 

Thinking and pondering:::
About our budget, and the planning we are doing financial wise.     

On my bedside table:::
My Bible

On my tv tonight:::
Monday:
Last night's The Musketeers.
Resurrection and Believe
The Trip to Bountiful
Star Crossed
Tuesday:
The Little Couple
Supernatural
Wednesday:

Thursday:
Reign
Here comes Honey Boo Boo
Friday:
Hangar 1:  The UFO Files
Ancient Aliens
Saturday:
When Calls the Heart
Sunday:
Walking Dead
Long Island Medium

Listening to:::
Portuguese soap

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Corned Beef, Potatoes and Cabbage, Irish Soda Bread
Tuesday - Chicken Milan, Herbed Rice
Wednesday - Throw Together Short Ribs, Scalloped Taters
Thursday - Sally Hayden's Chili, Chile Corn Bread
Friday - Cheesy Garlic Chicken, Golden diced potatoes
Saturday - Tasty Burritos, Salad
Sunday -  Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken, rice

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Sweep, vacuum, mop floors
Homeschooling

Happening this week:::
Monday - Bank, Tae Kwon Do
Tuesday - Library
Wednesday - Post Office, Tae Kwon Do
Thursday - Tae Kwon Do
Friday - Relaxing, Sewing

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Decided to finish off the Crochet Mood Blanket, it's big enough to snuggle on the couch and watch TV, and besides, I'm getting bored with it.  So adding on the edging today and calling it good. 
 
My simple pleasure:::
Cooking, I know some of you don't like it, but I couldn't imagine not being able to cook and I really do find it a pleasure. 

Lesson learned the past week:::
Just a reminder that my children mean the world to me and that no sacrifice is too big for their well being. 

Looking around the house:::
Living room needs a little tidying up and I want to clean the couches today.  In the kitchen there are dishes in the rack drying, I just have to put them away, and I don't have any in the sink to wash, yay!

From the camera:::

Woodpeckers

Prayer List:::
Family and friends.  

Bible verse, Devotional:::
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3 NIV

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

11 comments:

Judy said...

Can you believe I'm doing this again. I have missed it so much, this has always been the perfect way to start my week. Have a wonderful start to your week Sandra.

Unknown said...

I always look forward to your HHM...makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone in doing all the "little things" as SAHM's and helps me feel important! Have a wonderful, blessed week!

Conny said...

glad your son is feeling better! have a great week!

Lulu said...

thats my favorite psalm and i say it daily...
have a lovely day Sandra..

Unknown said...

I love your picture of the beautiful Woodpecker. They are so pretty even though they can sure cause some damage sometimes. lol
Hope you start feeling better soon. We were all sick here recently and it has been just insane.
Your menu sounds absolutely delicious!
Also I have been meaning to catch up on Walking Dead. I have missed so much of it, and I'm happy they came back with Long Island Medium.
Hope you have a fantastic week. :)

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Sounds like a busy week for you, as usual! Your TV list sounds interesting for sure!
Have a great week! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dawn Marie said...

I love The Little Couple. I've been watching it since it started. They are such a great couple. This season seems to be the most emotional. I was recently thinking about how I'd love to learn how to crochet. Is it a hard thing to learn? It seems so relaxing and I'd like to take on some kind of hobby like that. I used to enjoy sewing but have never tried crochet. Any suggestions on how I can get started?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Sandra - your posts are always so inspirational. I love your scripture this week! Have a nice week!

Susanne said...

Cooking is a small pleasure for me too. Love making my family feel loved by the food I cook. Just wish I had the time to do it in a more relaxed way. Working and trying new recipes sometimes don't go hand in hand.

Liz said...

I think my husband and kids have what you and your son were dealing with last week. It's awful. I'm just hoping I don't get it, although, as soon as everyone else is healthy again, I'll probably get it.

You take the most beautiful pictures and this bird is no exception. Absolutely gorgeous.

Your menu looks delicious! Have a wonderful week.

Anna said...

I totally missed hhm this week. So much going on right now I think my head is spinning. LOL! Have a wonderful week Sandra.