Sunday, August 13, 2006

Morning Blog Drive!!!!

As I've mentioned before, I love taking my "Morning Blog Drive" ....but just like in real life, when you take a drive somewhere specific, you always end up finding something new and exciting along the way.

That's what happened yesterday, I found a few more blogs that I'm just in love with already. Most of them are crafty ones, either sewing, or knitting or even embroidery (love love love it), and then there's the ones owned by farm owners. I'm sure you've heard me say many times that my ideal place to retire would be a ranch house, or a farm out in the country, filled with animals, greenery, a huge barn and if I'm lucky, a creek or river nearby.

So if there is one thing I love doing, is browsing through these Farm Blogs, they always have the BEST pictures to share, and I guess I'm living vicariously through them. Nothing wrong with that right???

Without further ado, here are the new "Blog Destinations" I found along the way, and I'm passing them on to you all, complete with directions to get there, so that you may also enjoy the wonderful photos, crafts and recipes shared.



Farmgirl Fare - The first thing that caught my eye was the adorable banner on the blog :) Farmgirl lives in Missouri with her husband and her 4 cats and one dog....they live on a 280 acre and 140 year old farm house.....*sigh* my dream place LOL

Haven for Home - A blog shared by a mother and daughter, they share patterns and also "oh so good" recipes. It's a great place to drop by and visit :)

Hey Lucy - I just LOVE all the pictures posted on this blog. She's very crafty and shares all her projects, you'll find sewing, embroidery, recipes, you name it :)

Posy - One of my FAVORITE places to go now, I'm in awe of the pictures she posts, not only of her house, the views around it and the beautiful crafting she does. If you don't get to any other blogs, make sure to go visit this one, and check out her flickr photo's, some of those views could have been taken from a postcard. Just beautiful :)

SouleMama - Another wonderful blog full of beautiful pictures to share, great crafting ideas too.

The Helpful Housewife - Ok this is one that I'm going to be visiting daily too. She posted her lists for "The Helpful Housewife Routine" and I've already printed them all out. She has tons of great tips and tricks and you can even ask questions about house stuff and she will answer :)

With Heart and Hand - A Pastor's wife, homeschooling mom of three in BC, Canada. She also shares great recipes, check out her latest one for "Monkey Bread" :)

And there you have it, those were the new destinations found on my usual drive. I'm so glad I stumbled upon them. I've been sitting around trying to figure out what to make for crafts this fall, and I'm already getting tons of great ideas just from visiting these new blogs.

Aren't you eager for Fall too??? There's nothing more beautiful than the wonderful smells and sights of Autumn, the changing colors of the leaves, the breeze in the air, it's by far my favorite season :)

Last night I started my book "The Englischer" by Beverly Lewis, I'm already loving the book. I've always found the Amish community to be so fascinating, their simple way of life, their crafts, the food and the general family sense....let's not forget the beautiful area they live in.

Just look at that amazing sunset???

Well I have a kitchen floor to sweep and mop and the living room to vacuum. I'm hoping to get some sewing done today, I never did get to finish Jasmine's dresses and there's not much time left for her to wear summery outfits. I also want to get a bit more work done on my embroidery project.

I'm going to leave you with my new favorite song from MercyMe "Bring the Rain", I posted the lyrics for you all yesterday and today I'm sharing the actual song. Is it not the most wonderful thing you've heard in a long time???




Hope you all have a beautiful sunday :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love your new web page...maybe one day I can update mine. Amish...I love them....my parents just got back form a huge community en route to Chicago...she brought me several things back....we have a small community of them 30 miles from my house.....we go see them about 3 times a year. They are all so nice and make great food.
I loved the Farm blogs.....I read one..Blessings from the south...she is pretty good and is really sweet.
Jen

Beckyb said...

Love the new website - I would love to give mine a makeover but I just don't know who to go to - any suggestions or do you do this yourself?!?!? Your blog is a bright spot in my day.

Sandra said...

Jen - Thank you :) If you ever want yours done and know what you want it to look like, maybe colors or the banner etc, let me know ok?

beckyb - I can make you one if you're interested, just like I told Jen, just let me know what you want on the banner and then I can coordinate colors etc :)

Courtney said...

Thank you for sharing the blogs They were all great & I will definately be going back. I love the helpful housewife tips!
Love ya Sandra!

Posy said...

Thank you Sandra for such kind words...I made my husband come in from hanging out the washing (good eh!?) to read them! I'm thrilled you like my blog and thank you for telling me...it was just what I needed.
Blessings to you and your family,
Jane (Posy) x

Christina said...

I have to go wake my kids up for school but I will be back later to check out all these new blogs. I love Amish things also. In fact I grew up in Nj the northern part so I was lucky and went to Lancaster Pa. a few times and it is a great place to visit the Amish. They have houses you can tour and stores that sell awesome quilts and jams and all kinds of simple but beautiful homemade things. Also its funny to see the teenagers hanging out at the K Mart down the street wearing Amish clothing with Nike sneakers. The tour guide says the kids in their late teenage years get to do some mingleing and they love to buy Nike sneakers to look more in. I saw some kids that were Amish hanging with some regular Pa. kids and they were laughing and having a good time. Once I was on a tour of this ladies business and she was selling beeswax candles and the best tasting jams and we were talking to her. Although she was Amish she was kind of outspoken and was telling us a little bit about how the Amish are lot like us, yet they have obvious differences. She had a lot of the same hopes and dreams as the rest of us. I think their thinking is a little more modern now, yet they still stick to the rules of their church. If you ever get stationed somewhere near Lancaster it is an awesome place to visit and educational for the kids also. I guess I better shut up and go so my kids don't end up late. Talk to you later.