Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!

Welcome to my Monday feature, a place where I'll be writing about my day, what I've learned the past week, any new recipes I've tried, scriptures that made an impact and everything else in between.

Every Monday, I will post a Mr Linky, you are more than welcome to join me, all you need to do is grab the button, copy the categories and fill in your answers, then come back here and add your post so that others can come and visit you.





On my bedside table:
A Country Called Home by Kim Barnes
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff - I'm dying to start this one, I've heard such great reviews about it.


On my TV:
Paranormal State
Dancing with the Stars
Into the West - Disc 1


On the menu for tonight:
Portuguese Pork Chops and Potatoes


On my To Do List:
Sweep and Mop floors
Change bed linens
Laundry
Make up the menus for the next two weeks
Make the grocery list


New Recipe I tried last week:
Jucy Lucy Burgers....YUM!


In the craft basket:
Crochet Easter Eggs
Fabric Easter Eggs


Looking forward to:
Starting my new 30 Day Shred DVD from Jillian Michaels, today.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
I'm sure a lot of you know this one already, but I love it. Everytime you use a jar of spaghetti sauce or anything else...pour a little bit of water into the empty jar, close the lid and shake it up as well as you can. You will get all the extra sauce that would have been left in there.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I have to say Bonnie's post with the grasshopper picture, that was SO neat. Go and check it out.


Favorite photo from last week:
Earth hour


Photobucket


Lesson learned the past few days:
You can NEVER have enough sunscreen, NEVER. Even if you think that you are don't ever burn, believe me, you will.


On my Prayer List:
Soldiers overseas
My husband and children
Baby Stellan


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Proverbs 12:25-26(KJV):
25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.


19 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am thrilled that my grasshopper post from last week was your favorite post of the week !! It was mine too ... even though I don't ever pick one of my own posts as favorite !! I'm interested to hear what you think of the 19th Wife. I'll be reading a bit more tonight !! I'm enjoying it !!

Michelle said...

I've just looked at Bonnie's picture of the grasshopper.WOW! I made the Jucy lucy made by Sandra burgers yum! Thanks for hosting .

Cheri said...

Those burgers look so yummy- I think I'll make those on vacation for everyone to enjoy!!

Wendi said...

I had to chuckle at your lesson learned. I always learn that lesson the hard way. Every.single.year.

Have a great day!

Mohsen said...

Hi...

Macy said...

I've been lurking around for a while and I must say, I look forward to reading your Happy Homemaker feature every Monday. Something about it makes me start my week off in the right mindset. Thank you!!

I also have to thank you--- I've tried your Orange Chicken and your Pork Bifanas and they are definitely keepers!! I've got several more of your recipes bookmarked, I thoroughly enjoy your hands on instructions. :)

Unknown said...

Hello! Happiest Monday to you! Sorry about the sun burn! OUCH! :(

Unknown said...

Okay all your food pix are makin me HUNGRY! LOL stopping by from Strei Family blog

Amy said...

Good morning!!

I was filling out my Happy Homemaker meme last night, and just really enjoying it. I wanted to tell you thankyou for starting that. It is one of my favorite memes of the week! It really is! And oh oh.. I wanted to tell you how much I love all your blogs' new layouts. you are so stinkin' creative! I love to make my own layouts too, but it takes me SOOOOO long to actually complete them. Still learning my Photoshop program. One day, I wanna grow up and be like Sandra ;)

Love your heart, girl! What a beautiful ministry you have here to so many women... you bless me!

HUgs.. Amy

The Raggedy Girl said...

Of all the bloggy meme's this one is my favorite.

I love your Earth "lights out" photo.

Have An Amazing Monday
from Roberta Anne-the Raggedy Girl

The Raggedy Girl said...

After I read all the Monday lists I wanted to make sure I left you a Thank You for this fun meme comment. I thought I had but there is not one posted but maybe, just maybe you do moderation and I won't know until I hit the send key. So....either this is my comment...or there will be two.
Sandra are you shaking your head by now? Got to make the pork chops!

Have An Amazing Monday
from Roberta Anne-the Raggedy Girl

Jen said...

I love the picture. Portuguese Pork Chops sound great! We will have to try it soon. If your ever in the NY area the museum is a place you HAVE to go. We love it there.

Susanne said...

Those jucy lucy's look delish!

Lara said...

I enjoyed reading your list, Sandra. And I loved your photo.

Lulu said...

i love portuguese pork chops with the potatoes, yummers!!!
have a great day Sandra.

Michelle said...

Hi again this is what I'm doing with the egg shells
should be lots of fun..

Cindy said...

As always, I loved your Happy Homemaker meme! I also meant to tell you how much fun your Earth Hour looked -the photos were great and it looked like you all had such a nice time!

Heather said...

I agree with previous posters who say your "Happy Homemaker Monday" gets the week off to a good start! Thanks for sharing some sunshine with us!

Heather

Tina Leigh said...

Sorry I missed out the past couple weeks. I hope I will be back on schedule for things this week.