Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #5 - 2011

Good Morning everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

I have to take Nicholas to the doctor this morning for a follow up on his pneumonia so I wanted to get this up before I left.

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
48 degrees, cloudy and we're getting rain today.  I love a good rain :)


Things that make me happy:
Seeing the first lemon pop up on my tree


Book I'm reading:
The Shelter of God's Promises by Sheila Walsh
Born under a Lucky Moon by Dana Precious


What's on my TV today:
Pretty Little Liars on TV tonight
The King's Speech - Been wanting to watch this one all weekend and haven't had a chance yet
Being Human on Syfy


On the menu for dinner:
Shepherd's pie, it's a cold rainy day and I'm thinking comfort food :)


On my To Do List:

Nicholas has a follow up appointment at the doctor for his pneumonia
School work
Housework


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Garlic Chicken Panini super easy and very delicious


In the craft basket:
African Flower Crochet Blanket
Crochet Votive Candle jars


Looking forward to this week:
Just a good week of homeschooling and getting our tax return money.


Tips and Tricks:
Before you wear a new garment, put a little clear nail polish on the front and back of each button. Buttons will stay on longer when their threads are sealed.


My favorite blog post this week:
Lifeguard a wonderful post by a wonderful friend Nene


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Bluebirdbaby - Just recently found this blog and loved it, haven't had a chance to really sit down and go through it but I can't wait to do so.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
Having fun



Lesson learned the past few days:

That you should always stick with your mommy instincts and if something is telling you that it's not right, it usually isn't.  Don't ignore your instincts.


On my mind:
My father and stepmom, they are going through a rough patch and I really would appreciate some prayers for them.
My husband's retirement coming up in October, we are struggling to make the right decision so prayers would be appreciated.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."
Jeremiah 17:7

No comments: