Monday, January 23, 2012

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 2012 #4 }

I'm such a ditz, I totally forgot to tell you all that I added an extra category for the homeschooling families :) Sorry about that, it should be right after the category about creating/sewing etc :)


Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
37 degrees right now, I'm actually feeling cold, but instead of complaining I'm going to embrace it and enjoy it because pretty soon we'll be back to triple digits.


On my reading pile::: 
The Little Housekeeping book for the little girl (loving this one)
Also have all the other ones I shared with you and am looking forward to reading those.



On my TV:::
Call the Midwife Episode 2
Also, Birdsong which premiered yesterday on BBC.  Wonderful series based on the novel by Sebastian Faulk's.  They take place during WWII.



On the menu for this week:::
MondayCreamy Oven Chicken, Mashed Potatoes 
Tuesday - Shepherds Pie
Wednesday - Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday - Garlic Herb Fish Fillets with Potato Salad
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Onion Burgers, Curly Fries
Sunday - Homemade Clam Chowder


On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Iron and put away last load of laundry
Take Lola back to the vet for a follow up appointment


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Starting a new crochet pillow :)


In Homeschooling:::
Jasmine is learning about diseases in Health, for Social Studies she worked on a pamphlet highlighting a natural resource that both Canada and the US share, she picked Uranium :)
Nicholas is learning about different soils in Science and Math has us revisiting Fractions.


Looking around the house:::
Lola is laying on the couch licking the air (true story lol), Jasmine is still fast asleep and Nicholas is playing with the turtle.  It's kinda dark in here this morning, I'm wondering if it's going to be cloudy again.  Through my kitchen window I can see the birds flying in and out of the feeder :)


From the camera:::




Something fun to share:::
One of the greatest things we love about homeschooling is learning any day, whether it's a week day or a weekend and no matter where we are.  Yesterday we all built birdhouses, the kids were so excited, they got to make their own and they're not perfect of course, but it doesn't matter because they learned about birds, they learned about wood, they learned about tools and they were able to put those into practice.  I'm doing a post later to show you the pics :)  It was a lot of fun for us all, so just remember that spending time with your family doesn't have to mean going out and spending money :)


On my prayer list:::
Our little Lola, her eye is doing SO much better but it's still not 100%.  I pray that it continues to improve and hopefully heal completely. 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
– 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

13 comments:

Kristy Jensen said...

Hey Sandra,
My verse for today is Romans 12:1 and it talks about presenting your body as a holy sacrifice too! LOL! I can't believe we picked similar ones. Your menu sounds delicious!

Andrea said...

It's pretty dark in my house this morning too. The gloom doesn't look like it will produce rain, but it's dark enough to turn on the lights.

Julie said...

Your menu sounds so good & I love the bird house idea! Havea a blessed week!

kolfinnas korner said...

hubby and the boys are always doing something fun together. Right now they are making steampunk guns out of old water guns.

Olyvia Smiles said...

I love reading your HHM posts! You are an inspiration! Love the pic of Nicholas! I forgot to add the homeschooling portion to my post! lol I'm so glad ya'll enjoy homeschooling!

Conny said...

I am so glad I've been along for your journey to home-schooling ... We are considering home-schooling my daughter next school year. She goes to a wonderful private, Christian school - but in her best interests, as far as working with her transition into Junior High & hormones & character & responsibility, I want to homeschool her more for that than even for the academics. BUT I'm so excited to think of having the opportunity! :)

Mommy Made Whole said...

I'm so glad that Lola is on the road to recovery!

Sarah said...

So glad that Lola is getting better. Love to see the birdhouses when the post is up.

xx

My Mad World said...

Sorry I haven't joined in lately. Like the new ones you have added.

So happy Lola is doing better!!

Oh, what's the book your little girl is reading about House cleaning? Maybe I should get it for Mad and read it too her lol

Bonnie said...

I am so intrigued by the Call the Midwife show! I'll have to look that up...

Lulu & Joy said...

I've followed your blog since 2008 but today is the first time I've posted under my new blog luluandjoy.blogspot.com. I hope to be able to post with Happy Homemaker every Monday. BTW, I love the you brought back your old style with all your 'Days'. I also follow your recipe blog and I have to see I've made many of them and they always turn out wonderful.

Unknown said...

Your menu sounds delicious!

Annalyn said...

So glad you posted the link to episode two of Call the Midwife! I simply loved the first episode!