Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/15/2014

Morning my dear friends, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend and are ready for the week ahead.

Monday morning!  Can you believe it is Monday already?  I was sitting here this morning thinking that I still needed to go and see all of the HHM participants from the last one, and then it hit me that it is Monday again.  I actually woke up thinking it was Sunday LOL

What a disappointment when my husband reminded me of the day it was.  Oh well, let's make the best of it right?



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Usually just a cup of coffee and toast, but this morning, along with my huge cup of coffee, I am also having one of the homemade donuts.

Looking around the house::::
Jasmine is the only one still asleep.  My husband is up and finishing some homework on his computer before heading to classes for the day.  My Nicholas is sitting next to me on the couch, playing a game on his laptop.  I need to give the kitchen a good tidying, as well as the living room too, but otherwise, it is not too bad around here.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry.....technically I don't have any, since it's all been done, there are some clothes in the hamper and I think enough for a load, so I may throw that one in so it doesn't accumulate.
Cleaning.....Kitchen needs tidying and there are dishes to be done, living room needs picking up and I also need to vacuum it as Miss Lola is shedding, bedrooms need beds made and tidying up and vacuuming as well, bathrooms need the daily cleaning which consists of swishing some cleaner in the bowl and wiping down the counters.
Homeschooling.....prepare lessons this morning, boys have a Math test to do, girls have a Geometry portfolio that is due.
Crocheting.....finishing a slouchy hat.
Cooking....tuna salad for lunch, ribs with baked potatoes and salad for dinner.

Currently reading::::
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.

On the TV today::::
Portuguese Soaps - Beijo do Escorpiao, Mulheres
Not sure what else, we'll see what hubby wants to watch tonight

The weather outside is::::
It was 40 degrees this morning, it's actually starting to feel a little chilly in the early mornings and nights.  The rest of the week looks like it will be in the 80's.

On the menu this week::::
The menus for the new two weeks are comprised of very easy, very simple meals.  As I stated before our finances this month took a big hit with my husband's college, so my usual budget for food had to be dropped as well.

Monday
D:  Ribs, baked potatoes and salad
Tuesday
D: Maple Sausage Spaghetti
Wednesday
D:  Potatoes O'Brien with Smoked Sausage
Thursday
D:  Fettucine Alfredo
Friday
D:  Cheesy Garlic Pizza
Saturday
D: Seafood Subs for hubby, myself and Nicholas...Black Forest Ham Sub for Jasmine, chips
Sunday
D: Onion and Potato soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Watch my soaps live, finish my slouchy hat, visit blogs or watch something.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I know a lot of you have asked about the German Pizza, but I still haven't gotten around to making it.  I may just find the recipe and post it for you all.  This week I have no new recipes to try.  I will be posting the French Bread Casserole this morning over on the food blog.

One of my simple pleasures::::
Reading about the pioneer days, how they lived their lives, what they did and especially how the homemakers went about their chores.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
Love these two :)


Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
Another week of no blog visiting.  Or rather, no new blog visiting, I did manage to get around to some of you and leave a quick comment but didn't get much done in the form of reading.  Hoping to get some minutes today to do that.   

Praying for::::
Continuing to pray for our financial situation.
Praying for my little Lola.


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment:::: 


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I often forget what day of the week it is too, LOL.

I love the picture! So cute.

I can find the link list to add my post. So in case I don't get back until later, here's the link: http://its-ok-to-fail.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/for-more-happy-homemaker-mondays-visit.html

xxxx

Sarah said...

Ignore that, the link list has just appeared! Doh! :D

Hope you have a blessed day. xx

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great picture! Glad you're feeling better too. Have a great week.

El blog de Celes :) said...

Hello Sandra! This is my first comment here, although I've reading all your posts for the last two months. I've started a new blog yesterday, to share my momemaking adventures and, of course, be a part of the HHMs. I'd be really honoured if you visit me, hope you like my first HHM :) Greetings from Argentina :)

Conny said...

Your thought resonates very well with me today!! :)

Jean said...

Sometimes the days and weeks just get away from us. It is already 11a.m. here and I'm trying to figure out what happened to my morning. Hopefully, I'll get a post written and linked up this afternoon. Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a great week!

I love reading about pioneer days, it's something that has always fascinated me. I also love reading about Native American history, especially involving the women. It's just fascinating to see how things were done then versus now. I love fiction stories and non-fiction on both subjects.

Praying for your financial situation. We are having a rough financial time lately also as my husband's hours have been cut. Also praying for your Lola. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dawn Marie said...

Those meals sound so delicious. Hope you have a great week.

Unknown said...

Wow! You have a very full day today with your house chores and then home schooling! Chegas as estafada a noite!
I still have to participate in the happy homemaker Monday this week, didn't get a chance to do it last week. Have to fit it in today!
Have a nice week.
Beijinhos,
Lucy

Anabela said...

Please, please, please post a pic of your slouchy hat, once you're done. I've been trying my hand at crochet, though I must confess none of my stuff can bear close scrutiny. Maybe I can attempt your slouchy hat - love 'em.
Beijinhos,
Bela

Sweet Tea said...

Hope Lola is doing better,
BTW, do you ever knit pot holders to sell?
I have two I've used for years and I need to replace them.