Monday, January 02, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/02/2017

Good morning dear friends, welcome to January of 2017 and our first Happy Homemaker Monday.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe 2016 is gone and we are in a whole new year.  So many feelings, so many emotions, so many what if's to come.

I've decided that I am making a come back on my blog.  I'm going back to my roots, I'm setting aside all those things that have interfered with my blogging and my happiness, and I'm concentrating on doing what brings me joy.

I'm quite excited, really, to think that I can go back to my daily blogging and sharing with you all my life, recipes, homemaking tips, period dramas and all those things that made Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, what it once was.

But more on that later, for now, let's get right on with our Happy Homemaker Monday.


Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It's going to be a bit of a cool week for us, highest temps being only in the very low 40's.  I'm ok with that, honestly I do really like the Texas weather, though this year we seem have had a very cold November.


On my reading pile::: 
Two books for review.....Depraved Heart from Patricia Cornwell and A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams.
 

On my TV:::
Starting Bomb Girls today, there are 3 Seasons and you can find them all on Netflix.  If you enjoyed Land Girls you will certainly enjoy this one.



On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  One Pot Mexican Pasta
Tuesday - Sicilian Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
Wednesday - Sticky Asian Chicken, Basmati Rice
Thursday - Turkey Pepper Jack Meatballs, Homemade Fettucine Noodles
Friday - Homemade Crunchwrap Supremes
Saturday - Grocery Shopping
Sunday -


On my to do list:::
Laundry, Vacuum, Sweep and Mop Kitchen
Homeschooling, we're back at it today and the semester ends on Thursday night, so need to make sure everything is done.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
My Sophie is finished.  I'm so excited to have it finally done, it is heavy, it is huge but it brought me so much happiness while making it, and it really only took a few weeks between my crazy life and constant interruptions.  I'll show you a picture later today in a different post.
I just started a new blanket and will share that with you too :)



Looking around the house:::
Definitely needs some cleaning.  I want to try and get the kids rooms done today.  If you have teenagers you KNOW how that goes.  Also want to get the last Christmas decorations picked up from outside.


From the camera:::



Something fun to share:::
I love Youtube, I love watching my usual vlogs but I also absolutely love documentaries and I follow quite a few channels that provide those for me.  This weekend I spent quite a few hours watching documentaries while I went about my housework.  If you love King Henry VIII, then be sure to check out Henry VIII and his Six Wives, also Six Wives with Lucy Worsley. 
Oh and here is one of the channels I follow with great documentaries. 


What I'm wearing today:::
At the moment, I'm still in my pajamas and thick white robe.  I'm a little chilly this morning and have just been sat here relaxing with Marley.


One of my simple pleasures:::
I think it goes with what I mentioned above about Youtube.  I really enjoy documentaries and history, so I tend to spend a lot of my time reading, researching or watching anything history related.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Do not forsake your friend and the friend of your father, and do not go to your brother's house when disaster strikes you—better a neighbor nearby than a brother far away." Proverbs 27:10

 ***********************************

10 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Happy New Year my friend! I so understand your need to blog. Really helps keep me grounded.

I have just set up both Land Girls and Bomb Girls - thanks for the suggestion. I love period shows, but especially WWII oriented ones.

Congratulations on finishing your Sophie, it is so beautiful!

Have a wonderful week and an awesome start to 2017!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy New Year my dear Friend!! Hope it brings you many blessings. I can't wait to see your blankets! I bet it's felt good to be back crocheting and doing those things you love.

Have a wonderful week ahead. xoxo

Wendi said...

Welcome back! I enjoying my peek into your life. I just saw the blanket on FB and it is amazing. :) I really need to take the time to learn how to do that! I am missing out on making some wonderful things. I am glad to see you are going to take hold of life. That is my plan for this year also. Life is crazy, sad, wonderful and well just life. I want to focus on enjoying the journey no matter what it may be. Happy New Year!

Elizabeth said...

So happy to hear that you are feeling positive again about your blog, because, though I don't comment often, I totally enjoy being invited into your life, and have enjoyed that for a number of years (from AZ and on to TX)!! It's like having a morning cup of coffee with a friend, and sharing the day's details!! ANd there are great picture involved!

Happy New Year...may 2017 bring you Peace

Jean said...

Happy New Year! I love the new categories you've added today although I'm getting a very late start with my posting (it's well past lunchtime around here). Going to have to check out Bomb Girls. Sounds interesting since my husband and I just finished up Man in the High Castle last night. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Carol said...

I have definitely missed regular posts on your blog, so I'm glad to hear you will be back at it! Wishing you and your family a great year ahead! <3

Kara said...

Happy New year! Love seeing you back!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Happy new year my friend. Your sophie is so very pretty. I am working on another afghan, a tabletopper and soon bathroom rugs and washcloths for a friend. Yeah, I kinda like to crochet!

Liz said...

Happy New Year! I'm so in love with your Sophie! Hope you and the family are doing well. I'll be checking out Bomb Girls. It looks great.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I also had a bit of a down time last year, where I was just going through the motions, and not really feeling much joy. I am hoping to get back to my blog as I do really enjoy chatting with other people who feel the same about things.
Happy New Year! I love your crochet (hoping to teach myself this year from Youtube!) And I have Bomb Girls on my list to watch as I loved Land Girls too.