Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thanks a LOT Sherlock!!!

Seriously, who was the smart one to come up with these phone messages when you call up a place?
It's bad enough that I'm not a phone person, seriously, if I loose a phone number I jump up and down for joy. I just don't see what the whole phone fascination is.
But anyway, going back to what I was saying......have you ever tried to call somewhere and are met with those annoying messages?

-Ring, Ring, Welcome to blah blah blah!!!
*insert elevator music*
-Please tell me the number you are calling about starting with area code.
-208 832 ****
-Did you just say 2 zero 8, 832 ****?
-YES
-I'm sorry, I didn't get that last number, please repeat it
*insert an uncomfortable pause here*

Me thinking (why the heck am I talking to a machine that doesn't even understand english?)

What a way to start off the day huh? LOL

Anyway, go ahead and sit down, I said I would bring breakfast and I did. I didn't know what you guys liked so there's a variety available and since Stacy said she'd bring the syrup, I figured I better have Waffles and Pancakes too! LOL

This morning I wanted to start by talking about the troops in Iraq, and the reason I chose that is because Jeff over at Midnight in Iraq, is currently over in the sandbox and just this past week he came down with a virus or something that has most of the troops there REALLY sick.
These are things we usually don't think about, we figured they are over there, but the details of their day to day or the lack of amenities available to them, is just something that doesn't usually cross our minds.
So my heart goes out to him and to all the troops that are currently sick and not having the best medical treatment available. He said it best when describing whatever it was he had:

"I decided to walk the excruciating 200m to the regimental aid station.
The corpsmen there did the best they could to diagnose me, but were equally bewildered. To be fair, corpsmen are combat medical personnel, not doctors. In the words of one corpsman I took a shotgun class with, “If you’re bleeding, I’ll make it stop. If you’re not breathing, I’ll make you start. Other than that, I’m no physical therapist. Just take some Motrin and call it good.”

It's sad because I feel that they are trying SO hard to make do with what they have. So Please, take a moment this morning and pray for the troops over there!!!

I was sitting here going through the blogs while Nicholas is watching tv. I have to tell you, some of the shows for kids nowadays are just ridiculous.
One of Jasmine's favorites is Billy and Mandy on cartoon network. Now, what psycho came up with that? And did some remind them that it's for kids? That is ONE weird show which I stop her from watching every chance I get.
There's just some cartoons that are too weird for my liking and make me wonder just what they're trying to teach kids.

Now here is one that Nicholas totally loves and I have to admit that I do too. "WONDER PETS". I have found myself singing the theme a couple of times, YES, it's embarassing BUT I'm a mom, I'm allowed to.
Actually all mom's should carry a membership card that allows us to do weird and silly things without being judged or looked down on, right? LOL

Like when you're standing with a mom that is holding her baby and rocking them or doing that swaying with the hips move.....next thing you know, you're standing there like a moron doing the exact same thing, only difference is that you don't have a BABY!!! I admit, I've done that many times and it's really embarassing.

That reminds me of the time right after Jasmine was born. This child did NOT want to sleep for the first 2 weeks. Really, I'm serious here, I stayed up with her for the first 2 weeks and by the time my mother in law came to visit, I was falling asleep on the couch, standing up, eating dinner etc. That's how exhausted I was.
SOOOOOO, I'm sitting up one night, it's about 3am and I'm pacing the room with Jasmine while dear hubby is snoring on the bed, I'm already annoyed and frustrated because I'm tired, and then I go over and sit on the bed and continue to rock her. All of a sudden hubby wakes up and says "it's ok honey, I got her go back to sleep".
He is laying there patting his chest with NO FRIGGIN BABY attached!!!!! I'm left holding her and wanting to strangle him for that. So I snatch the covers off of him and proceed to YELL in his face.

"DO YOU???? DO YOU REALLY HAVE THE BABY???? CAUSE I DON'T SEE ONE." LOL
Boy did that get him out of bed fast. LOL
So yeah we've all been there and done that right???

Well it's time for me to go read the rest of the blogs and answer emails etc etc etc. I gotta get Jasmine's photos mailed out to family too. You guys just go on and finish the rest of the breakfast, I hate having left overs. Don't worry about the dishes though, I'll get those for ya LOL

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Thank you for mentioning our troops! After Alli was born Matt was working midnights & everyone kept asking him how HE did it. AHHHHH! I would get sooooo mad. How he did it???? I'm the one who not only had the baby but now hadn't slept in weeks & they are asking how he did it?