Sunday, April 26, 2015

Grocery shopping, housework and menu plan!

_MG_8939

3pm and I'm finally sitting down for the first time today.  I have a cup of coffee, I have a two huge baskets of clean laundry needing folding and I'm watching some vlogs, catching up on some shows and all that stuff while I get this folding done.

With the magic of blogging, the laundry is all folded and ready to go up the stairs to the individual bedrooms.

Tell you what, one thing I've asked my husband to keep on the house hunting list in Texas, is one without stairs.  I'm quite tired of hauling laundry baskets up and down and am ready to be back on a single level.

This morning I got my menu planning finished, and then made up a quick grocery list and headed to base to the commissary.  


Thankfully it was very quiet, not many people in there which is always a good thing, and I was able to get my shopping done in a relaxed and calm manner.

My shopping cart is driving me insane in this pic.  I am one that has to have things neatly put in the cart and when I see someone walk by with everything just thrown in there, it makes me cringe.  Don't know why, it just drives me nuts.  

Funny thing is, the cart was actually packed neatly, the bags on top are dog treats which I had just thrown in, but it does make it all look messy.  Ugh, now if I can just get my eye to stop twitching.

Sometimes I remember when I had to take two toddlers with me and what a crazy shopping trip that was, any time Curt was home and I was able to go alone, it felt like a treat.  You moms know exactly what I'm talking about don't you?  

Back home, I got everything put away, took me a bit as it always does.  I did notice as I was putting things up, that my poor pantry is in desperate need of reorganizing.  With us moving in about 3 weeks though, I think I may just start packing things in boxes and leave out only the bare essentials.

_MG_8941

So here's the menu plan for the upcoming weeks, leading up to the move. I don't plan on doing a big grocery shop again after this one as I need to make sure I get rid of everything in the fridge and freezer, so our meals the last week or two will be extremely easy and simple.

Monday 27th  -  Shredded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Salad
Tuesday 28th  -  Biscuits and Gravy, Scrambled Eggs
Wednesday 29th  -  Pizza
Thursday 30th  -    Chicken and Rice
Friday 1st May  -  Quesadillas, Mexican Rice
Saturday 2nd  -  Shepherd's Pie
Sunday 3rd  -  Chili Dogs
Monday 4th  -  Waffles and Bacon
Tuesday 5th  -  Barbecue Chicken, Mac and Cheese
Wednesday 6th  -  One pot pasta
Thursday 7th  -  Grilled Cheese, Ham, Tomato and Avocado with Homemade Fries
Friday 8th  -  Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken, Rice
Saturday 9th  -  Sloppy Joes
Sunday 10th  -  Nachos
Monday 11th  -  Clam Chowder, Sandwiches
Tuesday 12th  -  Smoke House Burgers, Fries
Wednesday 13th  -  Smoked Sausage and Potatoes

Around the 13th, I will go to the grocery store and pick up some last minute easy meals for us as the moving trailer will be delivered the next Monday.  It will be things like Ramen, Frozen Pizza, hotdogs and a McDonald's meal the night before we leave.     

One thing I will be doing is working on a Menu Plan for when I do get to Texas.  My poor husband has missed my cooking terribly and truth be told, I can't wait to get in there and cook again for the whole family. 

Did I tell you that when I get to Texas around the 25th of May and the 26th of May I'm back on the road with Jasmine on the way to Atlanta? I guess that's another post all on it's own, but I'll tell you all about it another time.

_MG_8944

So aside from the usual housework, dishes etc, and the laundry, the grocery shopping and so forth, I've had a pretty quiet and relaxed Sunday.  I'm currently sitting on the couch and watching Kisha Jaggers on Youtube, I love her vlogs.

I need to catch up on Reign too, When Calls the Heart which returned last night, still want to watch A Bone to Pick and The Lizzie Borden Series and so on.  Have quite a few shows on the list, just have to pick one and go from there.

It's very windy here today, I mean, strong enough that I had to keep a firm hand on the steering wheel while driving. 

_MG_8951

Nonetheless I stepped out back for a few with the camera and watched these two squirrels going about their business, walking along my fence and stopping at times to just stare.

_MG_8948

_MG_8953


It's now just after 5pm and I'm going to get out the leftovers for dinner, we have some Lasagna from Jasmine's birthday last night, and I also picked up some Chalupas from Taco Bell for the kids earlier so no need for me to cook anything.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.  I have to tell you that I'm so glad to be back posting on my blog, it's made me feel so much better.

Thank you as well for the comments, I haven't had a chance to go say hi on your own blogs, but I do hope to get to it very soon.  :)

7 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I too am generally pretty neat as far as a shopping cart. I drive myself crazy packing for moving as I can not stand wasted space in a box. We are moving in a couple weeks to a duplex with everything on one level. I hate moving! LOL!

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that all will be well and that you will be very happy after the move when you are all together and cooking for the whole family again! Making a list to use things up is a great idea isn't it then you wont be wondering what to do with the odds and ends because there wont be any! xx

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra I love the new look of your blog, so summery.....wow you will be a Texan soon.....can't wait to see what new adventures you and your family will have...
Enjoy you posting again, missed reading with my morning coffee.....I have my blog back up and running, get a chance take a peek, maybe add to your blog roll....
Have a wonderful day
Rhonda
Dirt Road Primitives

Cher said...

Welcome back. Love your blog. Hope the move goes smooth.

Unknown said...

So glad you are back. I've missed your posts and pics. You take the best photos, I always enjoy! :)

Liz said...

I want a pantry so badly to organize into cute little baskets like yours. I have been starting to organize my cabinets into baskets, little by little but not much yet. I was trying to wait until moving with hopes of an actual pantry when we buy.

I'm so the person walking by with the messy cart. Sorry. I'm just trying to get in and out, and it never looks good. Also, I'm also the one trying to push two carts out to the car because once everything was bagged, they couldn't get it all to fit back in the one cart. Hahaha!

I'm so behind on TV. I've been neglecting all of my shows lately and haven't even started the new Lizzie Borden series. I do have it on the DVR and intend to watch it sooner rather than later. Just another thing I'm hoping to get back to.

Hope packing and getting ready to move is going well. Hang in there. As you can tell by your meal plan, you are almost to the move!!!

Billy said...

I'm a picky shopper as well. I work in a large retail grocery store, so it's worse. I finished Reign a few weeks ago. You will love it!