Friday, March 22, 2019

{ National Geographic's Almanac 2019 - TLC Book Tour }

 https://tlcbooktours.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Almanac-2019-cover-234x300.jpg

• Paperback: 400 pages
• Publisher: National Geographic (October 23, 2018)

A one-of-a-kind annual featuring surprising facts, stunning color photos, arresting infographics, and illuminating maps that present the world in a whole new way.



An almanac like you’ve never seen before, this arresting volume features key information on science, nature, history, and geography, spiked with cutting-edge ideas and spectacular visuals. Discover features that only National Geographic can deliver, including exquisite photography, explanatory infographics, illustrated timelines, and maps created by expert cartographers. Chapters include Exploration & Adventure, This Planet & Beyond, Life on Earth, and The Science of Us; featured topics range from the polar jet stream and how chameleons change colors to the world’s biggest cities and the science of addiction. It includes top travel trends, new explorations, and recent discoveries, as well as fascinating trivia. Enlightening for young and old, exquisitely designed, each page of this special almanac reveals something new about today’s world.


Purchase Links

National Geographic | Amazon | Barnes & Noble



My Thoughts:

For many years I heard about the Almanac and how interesting and informative it was, but I had never owned one myself, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect when the book arrived.

I was pleasantly surprised, mainly because I wasn't expecting it to be so filled with gorgeous photos and tons, and I mean TONS of fun information that is both interesting and educational.

There are so many topics ranging from climate change to human history, space exploration which is a favorite topic in my household, health and the use of herbs and spices, natural phenomena and even genetics.  I mean, the amount of topics is crazy and I find that anytime I open the book, there is something new I didn't see before.

It's been a pleasure reading through it, and I've even given it to my children to flip through, to which they have enjoyed bringing up interesting facts during meal times. 

Absolutely brilliant book to add to your collection, I would even say it would be a great addition to any homeschooling home.  My son is definitely getting a lot out of it.


1 comment:

Sara Strand said...

I never considered an almanac as a fun read until I worked at an elementary school library. Those kids LOVE almanac's so now I page through them any chance I can get. Thanks for being on this tour!

Sara @ TLC Book Tours