Saturday, March 23, 2019

{ A little crochet and a lot of resting }

_MG_4804

Oh what a good Saturday it has been.

No one had work today, no one had any commitments or places to be or go, so the door was locked when we arrived home last night from picking Jasmine up, and it remained that way all day long.

For me, it was just what I needed. 

I finally got the go ahead from the doctor to start a steroid treatment to get this ear issue fixed, once and for all.  Because I haven't really ever had any kind of steroid treatments, at least none that I can remember, I have no clue how my body reacts to it, and so the doctor advised me to try and take it easy and start it over the weekend since my husband is home, in case I don't feel well or have any side effects.


So far, so good.  I think I'm doing ok, I am however super tired but I think that is a combination of the frustration of this ear issue over the past month and the busyness of daily life.

Curt told me to take it easy, stay in bed if I wanted, and rest as much as possible this weekend.  Yes, sir!!!

And that is exactly what I did today.  Jasmine has spent the day with me in bed, we've been watching TV, talking, and I've been crocheting which I always find relaxing and calming.

_MG_4802

I hadn't actually been crocheting for a while, and I've missed it so much, but you know how life is and as much as you want to do something, sometimes you just don't get around to it.

I also wanted to crochet something easy that didn't require a lot of thinking, counting stitches and paying attention, so basically a project I could do while watching TV or even reading.  With that in mind I decided to start on some crochet placemats for the spring and summer.

I can't believe I actually have never crocheted any for myself, you would think with the amount of crocheting I do I would have a drawer filled with these, but no, nope, just haven't ever gotten around to it.

Picked up my crochet hook, the cotton yarn and got right to it.  I've managed to make two already and am going to keep going.  My plan is to make at least a set of 4 for my family, and then maybe continue going with some extras.

But yes, that's basically what I've done all Saturday.  We just finished eating dinner, which I popped in the oven around 3pm.  Just a simple roast chicken and I served a garlic, olive oil spaghetti with it.  It was absolutely divine.

There's something about a good old roast chicken dinner isn't there?

Righto, I'm now going to get into bed, take my next dose of meds, grab my crochet and watch mindless TV shows.

3 comments:

56steps said...

HI Sandra,
Love the idea of crocheting some springtime placemats. And your green is gorgeous.
What pattern are you using?

Thanks,
Debra

Jean said...

I would suggest drinking lots of water with your steroids. Hope they've already started working for you and that you're having a wonderful Sunday.

Jodi said...

Hopefully you are getting some relief!! Resting and crochet are the perfect medicine!! Love the placemats!! Have a great day!!