Saturday, February 20, 2021

{ Slowly coming out of this winter weather }

First and foremost, thank you Lord!
 
Thank you for watching over and protecting my family, this past week.  

IMG_0545

January 17, 2021 

Our State has been hit so hard. My heart breaks just thinking about the difficulties that so many Texans have had to endure. The loss of life, the loss of property, the fear and the heartache so many families have had to go through. 
 
The great thing about Texans, is that they pull together and help each other. Thankfully, the weather is starting to warm up. 
 
We are all in this limbo, where we watch the temperatures go above 20 degrees and we pray that it hangs around long enough to melt the snow. Then we realize the sun starts going down and all that melted snow is now turning back to ice. Driving in this weather is terrifying, I'm thankful my husband has been home and the 2 times we had to leave the house, we took his truck. 
 
Even then, we are slipping and sliding all over the road, along with the other drivers out trying to get food or gas, and other necessities. 
 
But it will be ok. 
 
We will make it through this, and I want to thank all of you who have been praying every day for me and my family, and for our State in general too. 
 

January 17, 2021 January 17, 2021 

Our week was basically spent, trying to keep the house warm, feeding the outside animals and trying to find them shelter. 
 

January 17, 2021

January 17, 2021

Shoveling the driveway, and putting out salt and sand on our country road to help the neighbors needing to drive by. 
 
The roof of our house and garage got so much snow, that we feared it would cave in.  Curt tried his best to remove as much of it as he could, but short of having to climb up onto the roof, there wasn't much we could do.
 

January 17, 2021 January 17, 2021 January 17, 2021 

Our local stores are overwhelmed. I wasn't able to get to the base commissary because it was closed, so I did a Walmart pick up. Many items were sold out or not available, which is understandable as they couldn't get trucks in to replenish the groceries. 
 
On Thursday Curt and I stopped at Walmart to get milk and bread and had noticed that all their freezers were empty. One of the workers informed us that they had lost power and had to throw all their food out. How awful!
 
20210219_082628 IMG_0547 IMG_0557
IMG_0562
 
It does make for some very pretty pictures, but I must be honest, I am beyond ready for the snow to be gone and for Spring to come around.

Anyway, as I said above, I got a Walmart pick up but it was missing quite a few things, so this afternoon, before picking Jasmine up from work, I am heading to the store to get what I still need.

In the meantime, I am starting a baked potato soup in the slow cooker, and will probably make some bread bowls later to serve and eat the soup with.

Tomorrow morning we are hoping to get to church, it all depends on the weather and if service will resume.

I wish you all a very blessed weekend, hope you stay warm, stay safe and enjoy your time with the family. 

2 comments:

Coisas de Feltro said...

Although winter is hard for everyone, your photos are very beautiful. Good Sunday to everyone.
xoxo

Coisas de Feltro

Theresa said...

Glad you are doing well. Hopefully you will not receive a surprise electric bill. There are some real horror stories from people who didn't lose their power. Yikes.