Monday, February 07, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/07/2022 }

 
Good morning and a very happy Monday to you all!!!
 
I hope this post finds you well, and ready for a new week ahead.  I have to say, I love Mondays, and most people will probably disagree with me and call me crazy, but I just love the start of a new week.  
 
I feel like there's nothing quite as satisfying, as knowing you have a brand new week ahead, with endless possibilities and opportunities.  So, I want to start by wishing you all a very blessed week, for you and your family.  Thank you for stopping by and joining in with our Happy Homemaker Monday, it's been years since I started it, and it's wonderful that it's still going strong and still seems to be one of the favorite posts here on the blog.  
 
I have the next 3 days at home, which I am very much looking forward to, there are projects I want to get going with, also want to plan my garden so that I can start seedlings as soon as possible, and of I've also been very much enjoying sharing more homemaking posts with you all.  I hope you've enjoyed them too, because I plan on a few more this week.
 
I decided to add them to my Homemaker Series posts, so if you're looking for them all, or want some motivation as a homemaker, be sure to check those out by clicking on the tab above in the menu.
 
Right, I think that is is, let's get right on with our HHM!!!
 


 
:::: The Weather ::::
 
It's 33 at the moment, although the real feel is 22, but I have to be honest, I have my bedroom window open and I am not feeling the cold at all.  The snow has been slowly melting over the past 2 days, but there is still quite a bit around, hopefully that goes as the temperatures rise.
Looks like we've got a week of cool temperatures.  I am good with that, I don't like too cold or too hot, so this is just fine.   
 
Monday - Sunny, 57
Tuesday - Sunny, 69
Wednesday - Sunny, 67
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 63
Friday - Sunny, 71
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 57
Sunday - Sunny, 62
 
 
:::: How I am feeling this morning ::::
 
I'm doing well, not going to lie, still seem to be dealing with lots of sinus issues, post nasal drip and all that nonsense, which is affecting my stomach (as it always does).  But, that's just part of getting over a bad flu, and the sinus stuff is something I've dealt with my whole life, so it's ok.  We are not going to let any of this get us down, we push through and rebuke it all, right?    
 
 
 
:::: On the breakfast plate ::::
 
I just had a cup of coffee, and some Cream of Wheat for breakfast.  It's funny, I love cream of wheat but half the time I forget I have it, so I don't have it.  I specifically left it out last night, by the water kettle, so that I could remember to have it this morning. 
 
 
 
:::: On my reading pile :::: 
 
Finished March, which I didn't really enjoy, but that's ok.  I am halfway through the next one, which so happens to be another Geraldine Brooks book called Year of Wonders, and this one, I am loving.  It's so strange how the same author can have a book I don't like (didn't enjoy her writing at all in March), but then feel like I'm reading a new author in the next book.  
 
I have a really cute review coming up today, a book that I think your little ones will enjoy.  It is called At Night by Margaret Peot.




:::: On my TV ::::
 
On Youtube, I have been catching up with one of my favorite channels, The Indie Projects.  Bea and Theo have been living in a van for the past 7 years, they've traveled the world and shared it all.  About a year and a half ago, they bought 5 acres in central Portugal, and have since been renovating an old barn into a livable home for them both. 
 
I have just loved following their progress along, they are absolutely fantastic, and so hardworking.  They've done it all on their own, just the two of them which is crazy, but the barn is almost ready to be lived in and it looks gorgeous.  
 
On tv, I watched the new movie on Netflix called "My best friend Anne Frank".  It was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.  Well worth a watch, if you have a moment.



:::: On the menu this week ::::
 
I'm starting to work on the new menu, because Friday is grocery day, but in the meantime, these are the meals for the rest of the week. 

Monday - Skillet Lasagna, Salad
Tuesday - Chicken with Broccoli and Cauliflower, Rice, Sauteed Squash
Wednesday - Beef short ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday - Grilled Salmon, Butter Rice, Salad
Friday - Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken, Cheesy Ranch Instant Pot Potatoes, Mixed Veggies
 
 
 
:::: From the camera ::::
 
I love Beatrix Potter, and have for a long time been wanting to build my collection, of The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter Books.  So far I have 4 books, the ones that I could get my hands on through Paperbackswap, but I'm keeping an eye out to grab the others.
 
By the way, I think it was Carol that asked me about Paperbackswap, I've talked about it many times here on the blog, where I explain what it is, how I use it and how long I've used it for.  
 
A little homemaking, and a lot of books
 
 
 
 
:::: Looking around the house ::::
 
One of the kids left an open soda can on the dining table, and of course, Elliott got to it and knocked it off.   I woke up to a knocked over can and soda seeping into my carpet, so today is a carpet cleaning day.  Not my fave, but that's ok.
 
The sun is so bright this morning, and as it reflects off the snow outside, it seems to send these blinding rays into the living rooms.  It does look pretty thought.
 

 
::::  To do List ::::
 
♥ Kitchen - unload dishwasher, wash the few dishes in the sink, it's just a bowl, two mugs and a plate.
♥ Put up the book review
♥ Take out meat for dinner
♥ Carpet clean
♥ Start planning the garden
♥ Change bed linens


 
:::: Today's devotional :::: 
 
As always, today's devotional is from the New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp, devotional.


Are you experiencing anxiety because you've forgotten who you are, and what you've been given?  Are you experiencing the fear that results from trying to know what you'll never know?  He knows, he cares, and he will complete the job he's begun.
 
For further study and encouragement:  Romans 8:18-39

9 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I hope you feel better soon. I have a sinus infection that I got right after covid. It's definitely slowing me down, but getting stuff done today anyway. Have a great week.

Daniela said...

Dear Sandra,
Thank you for sharing such a captivating post of yours, and thank you for hosting, as well!
Blessings are sent on your way
XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

threesidesofcrazy said...

3 days at home sounds perfectly glorious! My schedule has been all over and not allowing for such luxuries. I hope the snow has tamped down some of the allergens and gives you time to heal from the sinus issues. My Best Friend Anne Frank is so good. Have a GREAT week my friend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dearest!
I hope you enjoy your 3 productive days at home! And kick that crud once and for all. I notice my allergies have been more annoying the past few days. I think being cooped up inside so much in the winter with heat running doesn't help.
I need to check out that Anne Frank movie. And your homemaker series posts!!
Have a blessed week. xo

Carol said...

Yes, I did ask. I will go back and find it and read about it. I think I have before, but just can't remember. I am glad you have 3 days to be productive at home. I am attempting to take care of three households without being near them. It's a chore.

A Runners Mom & More said...

I really dislike carpet cleaning too! I'll be getting project to-do list going once I'm home from Florida...Hope the sinus' continue to be well, mine haven't hit as of yet...(yikes)

Luludou said...

Hope your sinus feels better - have a great week

Jean said...

I know you will enjoy your days at home. Your menu sounds really great so far. Hope your sinuses aren't bothering you as much today and that you have a terrific week!

Sherry Jolly said...

I've forgotten all about Paperbackswap! I will definitely have to get involved there again. The Anne Frank movie sounds very good. I will have to check it out.

Have a great week, (late as always)