Tuesday, April 04, 2023

{ Blog 365 #94 - Spring poem }

It's getting a little harder to post every day, but I'm determined to make the 365 days of posts, so for today, I am bringing you a sweet little Spring poem.




More Than Enough

The first lily of June opens its red mouth.
All over the sand road where we walk
multiflora rose climbs trees cascading
white or pink blossoms, simple, intense
the scene drifting like colored mist.

The arrowhead is spreading its creamy
clumps of flower and the blackberries
are blooming in the thickets. Season of
joy for the bee. The green will never
again be so green, so purely and lushly

new, grass lifting its wheaty seedheads
into the wind. Rich fresh wine
of June, we stagger into you smeared
with pollen, overcome as the turtle
laying her eggs in roadside sand.

3 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Could not love this more. What gorgeous descriptive poetry. I'm so ready for Spring to get here in the northwoods!!

Aritha V. said...

Nice. I love i.

Jean said...

Love the poem! I agree it is getting a little harder to post, completely forgot to post yesterday. Thinking I better get some posts planned out soon as my work schedule is filling up for the next few months. Hope you are having a wonderful start to your Easter weekend.