Monday, April 03, 2023

{ Blog 365 #93 - Happy Homemaker Monday

 

 
Good morning, everyone, how was your weekend?
 
I feel like I didn't have one.  Ours was spent out of town on Saturday and then Sunday we were busy putting the chicken coop back up in our yard.  In the middle of that, a downpour started and Curt, Nick and I got soaked.  It was quite comical actually.
 
Anyway, I hope you had a more relaxing weekend than mine, and I do wish you all a very blessed week ahead.

  



The Weather:::
Rain, hot temps and some freezing mornings.  We seem to get a couple of seasons in just one day.  Today however, sees our first 90 day.    
 
Monday - Sunny, 90
Tuesday - Partly cloudy/wind, 91
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 63
Thursday - Partly Cloudy, 66
Friday - Mostly cloudy, 67
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 70
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 81


As I look outside my window:::

Sun is shining brightly.  There are a bunch of grackles on the lawn, eating some of the deer corn that was left uneaten.  


Right now I am:::
I just got home, made another cup of coffee and a sandwich, and have sat down on my freshly made bed, to write this post.             


Thinking and pondering:::
About our chicken coop.  My mind is just filled with all things chicken lately.  Yes, I am one of those chicken mama's now and smitten with the babies.        


On my bedside table:::
My kindle, phone, tv remote and coffee cup.         


On my tv this week:::
Portuguese Soaps - Quero e Viver, Para Sempre and Flor Sem Tempo
Homemaking Vlogs on Youtube
Star Trek Picard  
Sanditon
Jane Austen movies 
Spring inspired books


Listening to:::
The newest Sanditon episode on the TV.        


On the lunch plate:::
I'm not sure, I just had my sandwich and can't even think of food at the moment.  I may do a tomato, egg and mayo sandwich.    
 

On the dinner plate:::
Chicken a la King, mashed potatoes, salad 
 

On the menu for this week:::
Most of the meals on my menu, for the next two weeks, are family favorites, already posted on the food blog. 
 

Monday - Chicken a la King, mashed potatoes, salad
 
Chicken a la King
 
 
Tuesday - Smothered Pork Chops, Rice, Stuffing

Smothered Pork Chops


Wednesday - Baked Beef Ravioli, Homemade Breadsticks, Broccoli and Cauliflower
 
Baked Beef Ravioli


Thursday - Smoked sausage pie, Salad


 

Crazy Pizza bread


Sunday - Orange Chicken, Rice, Egg Rolls
 

 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
Longbourn by Jo Baker.
Bible 
The Secret Garden


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - Sweep and mop, put away clean dishes.     
Laundry - a load of white towels and one of yard work clothes
Crochet - Finish Blooming Flower Cushion
Baking - make a batch of french bread, make a swiss roll


Plans for this week:::
Blogging
Start garden seeds
Finish chicken coop


What I am creating:::
Blooming Flower Cushion
Psalms Embroidery 
Chickens and Geese for decoration 
Crocheting new spring bookmarks
 

My simple pleasure:::
Watching the little chickies growing.  I am just so in awe of these little creatures and how quickly they've grown.   
 
 
Looking around the house:::
Kaia and Elliott, are asleep on the bed next to me.  The baby chicks are playing in their little coop, they are running back and forth and trying to fly around.  
 
I need to vacuum and carpet clean the living room, after the rains yesterday, Kaia left muddy prints as she went out to potty.  It's one of the reasons I really dislike carpet, and light colored carpet at that. 


From the camera:::
Spring books and spring bookmarks, just make me smile.     

March 31, 2023

 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
Jesus is the way, but He is also in the way.  - Julie Green
 
I heard this quote the other day and it hit me, so hard.  It's true.  Jesus is the way, but He is also IN the way of the attacks from the enemy.  He stands between us and the harm that could possibly affect us.  
 
How comforting to know that, it makes difficult moments that more easier to get through. 
 
 
On my prayer list:::
My mom Jacinta
The Luckett family
 


8 comments:

Elisha said...

Love that quote. Such a great comfort to know that all we face has been filtered through the hands of our loving Father. Have a wonderful week!

Daniela said...

I'm always far thankful to you, Sandra Dear, for hosting and for sharing always pieces of your week and of your family life, of your inner life, your thoughts... you make us feel part of your world!
I'm so glad to come to know that you're going to read "Longbourn" by Jo Baker, I'm sure you'll love it at once (it was the topic of a post of mine I published on November 2021. it was so lovely to read it ... actually I still preserve it on my night table!)
Have a blessed Passion Week and Easter too
Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Gosh, those summer temps sure don't waste any time, do they? I've had you on my heart a lot, dear friend! Stay safe and blessed!

Luludou said...

Great menu, makes me hungry. Have a great week

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your post today. Thanks for the menu ideas, may have to give the pizza bread a try if I don't get called into work later this week. Hope you have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! Well I hope you get to rest more this week instead. Lol I can't wait to keep seeing things about your chickens. I love that so much!! My friend has them and shares the eggs with us sometimes and they are amazing. ;)
Your pics of your menu looks SO GOOD 😋
Continued prayers for your Mom and friends. 🙏
I love that thought about Jesus. It brings such comfort to see Him that way in my mind with all that keeps going on in the world.
Blessings on your week and for a wonderful Easter ahead. xoxo

A Runners Mom & More said...

Looking at some of your meal ideas....Yum! Ky is getting better temps, but may have a few storms mixed in. Have a wonderful Holy Week.

Lea said...

♥️🌹