Monday, October 23, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/23/2023 }


 
Good morning ♥

I hope this Monday finds you all doing well, and that your weekend was relaxing, and well spent with family.  
 
I am preparing for a week of cooler temperatures and lots of rain.  No doubt, my favorite kind of weeks, raining, soups, candles.
 
We had a wonderful slow weekend, you can read all about it in my previous post, and I find that weekends like that help set the tone for the rest of the days that follow.  
 
I'm going to get this post up for you all, then I am thinking of changing my template again.  I've been having some issues with the html code on this one, and can get quite frustrating at times.  So if you see craziness within the next few hours, or if you come in and everything looks out of order, please bear with me and check again later.  I'll try to get it up and running as fast as I can.
 
With that said, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday.  Wishing you all a blessed homemaking week. ♥



*** The Weather ***
It has cooled down, but last week we saw some days in the upper 90's, which I will say right away, that I did not enjoy at all.  I don't need reminders of the horrible heat we went through this summer, thank you.
 
We are heading into quite a bit of rain over the next two weeks, so there's that to look forward to.
 
Monday - Scattered thunderstorms, 81
Tuesday - Thunderstorms, 76 
Wednesday - Thunderstorms, 78
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 83
Friday - AM thunderstorms, 77
Saturday - Scattered thunderstorms, 76
Sunday - Scattered thunderstorms, 72


*** Right now I am ***
Working on this post, while sitting on my bed, and watching a homemaking vlog.
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
About our church's sermon and the new series called The Crucible.  How God presses us and sometimes allows us to go through difficult times, to be able to create something incredible.  The pastor gave examples of how coal becomes diamonds, how clams turn a speck of irritant sand into a beautiful pearl.  Makes you think doesn't it?
 

*** How I am feeling ***
Aside from the usual lower back pain, I'm ok, just a bit tired, but that comes from getting up every day, even weekends, at 5am.
 

*** On the breakfast plate ***
Just had a cup of milky tea and some toast with butter and liver spread.  I am fasting this week again, this time from my loved coffee.  
 

*** On the lunch plate ***
I have leftover curry, so will probably have that.
 

*** On the dinner plate ***
Tuna Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
 

*** On the menu ***
Will be working on the new menu today.  
 
Monday - Tuna Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
Tuesday - Moroccan Baked Chicken, Potatoes
Wednesday - Febras no tacho com cerveja (Pork chops in beer sauce), mashed potatoes, salad
Thursday - Butter Chili Crisp Garlic Pasta, Foccacia
Friday - 
Saturday - 
Sunday -
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
I am still in my pajamas, which are silk pink short and top, with a black edging.  Super comfy and I would gladly stay in them all day, but I won't, because I grew up being taught that pajamas are for sleeping, only. (don't tell my parents, but, I have had days of laying around in pj's, but only when I'm sick...shhhh)
 

*** On my reading pile ***
I am reading the book of Acts again, will finish today, and will move on to 1 Peter, since it is the study we will be doing in church.
 

*** On my TV this week ***
Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutz Sevda
 

*** Looking around the house ***
It is quite dark still, because it's super cloudy outside and we are waiting for rain.
 

*** To do list ***
New meal plan for the next two weeks, plus grocery list
Pay bills
Write up the budget for the new month of November
Start working on Thanksgiving list (menu, guests)
 

*** From the camera ***
 I love our pecan trees, and always am fascinated by the whole growing process.  The pecans are safely growing inside this outer green shell.  Once they are completely dry, this shell will open up, and the brown shelled pecan will fall to the ground.  The nut itself is still doubly protected inside that outer brown shell, which is the one we then need to crack to get to the pecan.

It's so interesting to me.

 IMG_5261


*** Something to share ***
Today I have a really sweet Youtube channel to share with you.  It is called El Strada nel bosco, from Matilde and her husband, who live among the Apennine mountains of  Emilia- Romagna.

She does the most beautiful, silent vlogs, with picturesque scenery, showing us a quiet and calm life, that many of us would only dream of.  This is her latest video, take a look below.
 



*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
I think this verse is very poignant and perfect for the times we are living in.
 

 
 
 


6 comments:

Jean said...

Our weather really warmed up last week as well and into this one, makes me wonder if a serious cold snap is coming. Loved seeing your photo of the green pecans and reading your post, of course. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

We actually got warmer this week. Playing with everyone allergies. Love the new template.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Sandra! I hope that you enjoy the extra cozy this week. Love the thoughts your pastor gave in his sermon. Definitely does make one think. And your quote is so perfect especially reading it after I share a bit of worry in my blog today. Blessings on a wonderful week ahead. xoxo

A Runners Mom & More said...

We have much cooler temps coming into Ky as well, I'm ready...my sinuses are not!

threesidesofcrazy said...

We're having freezes here so it's hard for me to fathom the heat you are still having there. I ABSOLUTELY adore your devotional today. The pecan process is utterly amazing to me too. Hope you're having a GREAT week.

Luludou said...

I had the same rules as you taught to me for pj's. Hope your back is better. Have a great week