Monday, October 30, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/30/2023 }


 
 
Good morning everyone, come on in out of the cold.  
 
I can hardly believe this is the last Happy Homemaker Monday, of October.  What?!?!?
 
May as well be middle of winter, as we're seeing very cold temperature, in the 20s and have a freeze warning in place.  I have a feeling we're heading for a very cold winter again.  
 
Anyway, come in, I'll pour you a cup of coffee, or tea, and we can have a chat.  As I'm sure you've noticed, the template has changed.  It's been a bit of pain in the you know what, but seems to be behaving at the moment, so we will leave it as is.
 
I'm going to try and get this post up as quick as I can, earlier than usual, because my allergies have been so bad the past week, that I woke up with itchy eyes, sneezing and a runny congested nose.  So I had to take my allergy meds which usually knock me out within 20 minutes.

If for some reason I disappear, that's what happened, I'm probably face down on the keyboard.  *Just kidding*  🤣

Have a blessed week friends!



*** The Weather ***
I can say, it is cold.  My goodness it's cold.  I'm glad to see the heat waves behind us, but I wasn't quite prepared to go from one extreme to the other.  Good ol' Texas though.
 
We've had some glorious rain the past week, which I really enjoyed, and I think there may be some more, but not sure.  Let's check our weather. 
 
Monday - Sunny, 47
Tuesday - Sunny, 53
Wednesday - Sunny, 59
Thursday - Sunny, 63
Friday - Sunny, 70
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 75
Sunday - Sunny, 76


*** Right now I am ***
Trying to get this post up as quick as possible. 
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
My brain has shifted to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I think Christmas this year is going to be very laid back, times are hard, things are so expensive.  I want to go back to the basics and either make most of the gifts, or keep it very low key. 
 

*** How I am feeling ***
Pretty cruddy with the allergies.  I'm tired of sneezing, tired of rubbing my nose, tired of blowing my nose, tired of scratching my eyes.  Ugh!!!
 

*** On the breakfast plate ***
I've had a cup of coffee, and will have some Instant Pot Oatmeal for breakfast, in about an hour or so.  
 
Instant Pot Oatmeal


*** On the lunch plate ***
We had some Subway for dinner last night, and I only ate half my sandwich, I'll have the other half for lunch. 
 

*** On the dinner plate ***
Febras no tacho com cerveja (Pork Chops in Beer Sauce), Mashed Potatoes and Carrots, Salad
 
 

*** On the menu ***
 
Monday - Febras no tacho com cerveja (Pork Chops in Beer Sauce), Mashed Potatoes and Carrots, Salad
Tuesday - Spaghetti Nests with Sausage and Spinach, Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread
Wednesday - Crispy Tacos, Mexican Rice, Salad
Thursday - Frango na cebola (Chicken with onions), Macaroni Salad, Broccoli
Friday - Brazilian Hotdogs
Saturday - Kibbeh, Homemade Fries, Salad
Sunday - Onion and Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese and Tomato
 
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
It's pretty early, so still in my pajamas, winter pajamas of course.  Will throw on some leggings and a long sleeve sweatshirt later. 
 

*** On my reading pile ***
Finished 1 Peter, moving on to 2 Peter.
Also started Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.
 



*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs, Expedition Bible
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
Rumble - Christian podcasts
 

*** Looking around the house ***
I need to carpet clean the living room and dining room.  We've had rain for a week, non stop, which means anytime Kaia goes out to potty, she comes back in with wet muddy paws.  I spot clean immediately, but I like to give the whole carpet a good clean after a few days. 
 

*** To do list ***
Carpet clean
Put away clean laundry
Take out meat for dinner and marinate
Make Pumpkin Bagels
Make yogurt lemon cake, for this week (I like to make a dessert each week, something we usually enjoy after dinner, as a family, while we play games)

 

*** From the camera ***
If a picture could show you, our past week, it would be this.  Absolutely love it when it rains.  I love how dark it gets, love the sound, the smell of the wet earth, and love seeing the rain drops hanging from flowers, branches and leaves.  




*** Something to share ***
I've mentioned Giselle's channel before, but just wanted to mention her again, in case you missed it.  Giselle Waldner is a Hutterite, living in a colony in Canada.  She shares her life and we get a special glimpse inside the Hutterite life.  
 
Giselle like many other girls, have chores and a routine they need to follow.  Each week, the older girls are tasked with cooking for the 100 plus colony members.  She takes us along and show us what she does, as well as the food, and even shares some recipes.   Hope you enjoy watching, as much as I do. 
 



*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
I was listening to a Pastor/Prophet yesterday, and he said something that really stuck with me.  He was explaining why a lot of times we pray, then wonder why it doesn't come true.  What are we doing wrong?

He explained that we have a covenant with God, and we are to speak on that covenant when we are in prayer or asking for something.  We can't just ask God, because He knows what we need.  He wants us to stand on the covenant, stand on His word (the Bible) and invoke that.  

What he said was, we need to have Faith like God, or Godly faith.  What does that mean?

Well when God says something, He doesn't think about whether it will happen, because He knows it will happen.  So we are to believe it in our hearts, speak it out through our mouth, and it comes to pass.  

That may not mean anything to you, but it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I'm still learning so much, but one thing I've been focused on, is speaking His word back to Him when in prayer.  In other words, "Lord you SAID in your word that.......I speak so and so........"  I hope that makes sense.

But, my faith is something I still struggle with, and that revelation hit me so hard, and changed the way I pray going forth.  Hope it helps you too. 
 


4 comments:

Jean said...

I had a hard time figuring out how to comment this morning. See the cold found your area. Maybe a hard freeze will help your allergies? Hope you are feeling much better and have a wonderful week!

Deanna said...

That's better. May you have a blessed week. Enjoyed reading your post today and seeing what you've been up to. I hadn't heard of Giselle, but watched her vlog and think I'll check her out from time to time. All the best, d from the prairie.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I see i could comment today! I hope you feel better from your allergies Sweetie. I'm happy to see it's getting cooler and cozier there. Have a blessed week ahead. Heading into holidays months - yay! i'm thinking all things Thanksgiving and Christmas too! xo

Robert said...

It's impossible not to notice the abundance of excellent writing on your blog.





Chemistry Class Help