Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #11


Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
Beautiful weather again this weekend.  




On my reading pile:::  
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
Frugal Kitchen Tips by Mary Gail Stanley
Lemons and Lavender (book for a review, very excited about this one)  


On my TV:::
Upstairs Downstairs Season 2 - Episode 4
The Forsyte Saga
The Wisconsin Vegetable Gardeners 


On the menu for this week:::
Have to get the new Menu done, so not sure yet what I'm making after Wednesday.


Monday -  Oven Braised Short Ribs w/ baked potatoes 
Tuesday - Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
Wednesday - Chicken Carbonara Risotto
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday - 
Sunday -  


On my to do list:::
Laundry
Bathrooms
Relax with the kids since we're on Spring Break


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing actually.  Have quite a few projects here and there but haven't been able to do anything.


In Homeschooling:::
We are officially on Spring Break this week, so no schooling, just relaxing.   



Looking around the house:::
Washing machine is running, as usual.  The windows are all open, fresh breeze coming in.  Nicholas is playing the new Mario Party 9 on the Wii and Jasmine is still asleep.  AND my washing machine just finished the cycle so I need to go switch it over to the dryer.


From the camera:::
We took the kids to Sea Life this past Saturday.  So much fun and Nicholas always loves the touching tanks, he says the stars feel rough.  





Something fun to share:::
Check out this website called Make Your Own.  You will find tons of recipes for homemade like cleaners, hair products, air fresheners etc.    


On my prayer list:::
Friends and Family


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.
– Titus 1:15 (NIV)

10 comments:

Jill said...

Hi! Hope you guys have a wonderful spring break!
<3

Jen said...

Yay for Spring Break! It's always nice to get a week or so off to just relax and enjoy the family!

That sea life place looks like fun! We lived near a place like that growing up & I just loved being able to touch all the starfish!

x Jen

TheFishie said...

How funny. We're having short ribs tonight too and I was wondering what to make as a side. Baked potatoes it is! Have a relaxing spring break.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Sandra.
Thanks for the meal ideas.
Have a great spring break!

Mommy Made Whole said...

Love the Sea Life picture! The touch tanks at our local aquarium are always happen to be closed so the animals can rest when we visit. :(

Andrea said...

Love the lies in your weather forecast. They try to tell us the same lies here but I'm on to them!

Liz said...

My husband got me this book that really made me think of you. It's called Do It Gorgeously: How to Make Less Toxic, Less Expensive, and More Beautiful Products. It has how to make all kinds of things, makeup, pesticides, home cleaning solutions, things for your pets, and even food recipes.

Margie said...

I love reading these! I feel left out because I work outside the home too, but I love reading yours!!

cooking lady said...

Hello, I'm new to your blog hop. I hope you have a great spring break you need it every once in awhile.
Great blog and thanks for hosting.

Sarah said...

Enjoy your Spring break! My girls don't break up for Easter until the end of next week - which means I'm on holiday too! :)