Thursday, May 07, 2015

Country Home!!!

Hello everyone, hope you're all having a great week so far.  I can't believe it's already Thursday, but thankfully the weekend is literally upon us and I can just relax and get some much needed rest.

I have some sort of stomach bug going on along with a bit of a congestion.  Not the best time to be sick at all, I have so much to do and literally ONE week left in this house because the following week I'll be packing up the moving trailer.  My word, how time has flown.

Anyway, I'm coming in today to give you a little update and tell you all about our new home.  I'm quite excited, we just put the deposit down yesterday and I feel blessed and thankful and definitely relieved to know that I have a place to move into.

A country home!!!

I'm beyond excited about this one.  If you've followed my blog for years, you know that I've always wanted a country home with acreage and room to grow.  The Lord has certainly blessed us again.

Right, so let me tell you about our new house, and no we haven't bought it, we are currently renting but if things go well, we may just go ahead and buy it. 


It's an older home, there is paneling in one of the rooms which I'll tell you right now, is NOT one of my favorite things on earth, and some of the wall colors are not what I would pick either, but the good thing is that we can pain whatever color we want.  YAY!!!

It's out in the country but close enough to Sheppard AFB which is a plus for us.

2.96 acres and a 3000 sq feet home. 


Once I get moved in, I will take better pictures to show you all, and of course as I paint walls and make it our own little space I will share it.  For now I have just a few pictures from the realtors, and yes, hubby and my mother in law both went to see the house and loved it.


Big kitchen, new countertops and I can repaint it.  I don't know, but from the picture I'm not quite sure I like the color on the  walls, I might feel differently in person, but yeah, not liking it too much right now.  I do plan on getting my chalkboard wall back.


Beautiful fireplace, and you can see the paneling. 

There are actually like 2 or 3 different living rooms and I was laughing with Curt because I was saying that usually we complain about having too much stuff, but I don't think we have near enough to fill this house.  Hahaha

It will be fun getting everything put in and decorated though, I can't wait.

I don't have many more pictures to show you, and I don't think they do it justice.  I can tell you that there is a long driveway from the street to the front of the house, I can tell you there is a workshop which my husband will just love.  (you can see the workshop in the second picture I posted)

The pantry in the kitchen is a walk in pantry and is pretty big, something else that if you know me, you know I'm excited about.

There is just so much room and I can't wait to have family over to visit and to just enjoy being able to garden and run around and make great memories.  I'm even thinking of getting my first chickens this summer.  So happy about that.

So yes, everything is looking up, in just 3 week we will already be our new home and I'm absolutely thrilled, to say the least.

Anyway, just wanted to come in and share the good news and a few pictures.  I am going to head to bed early and hopefully rest up and get over this bug.    

21 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh congrats Sandra!! That's so awesome!! And look at all that land. Wow!! You could have the biggest garden around. And chickens? WAy too fun!! After all this time, so many things you've dreamed on coming true. So happy for you all.

You will make that place so adorable and country cozy in no time. Hope you feel better soon. For right now rest up and dream on your beautiful future right around the corner. ;) xo

Mari said...

So exciting! You're going to have a great time making that place your own.

Reshma said...

My best wishes to you Sandra
I am sure you will make this house into a home in no time and we will all see you sharing pics of your home all cozy and inviting.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This is such exciting news and I can see you definitely putting your stamp on this house, making it your home for you and your family.

Time has zipped right along and here you are about to leave for your new home. May the rest of your time where you are go smoothly.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Tina Leigh said...

Looks like a beautiful place to me! That kitchen is huge! Can't wait to see more of it. I'll take the living room with the fireplace. 3 weeks..time is flying by.

Simply Quaint said...

First off hope you're feeling better..... Yippe on the new house, how exciting! Can not wait to see the transformations you will be doing........
Blessings
Rhonda

Amber said...

Yay for a house in the country! A walk-in pantry? Yes!!!!

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

Oh! Just look at all that space! My husband would go crazy for a workshop :)

Mary said...

Sandra that congestion/stomach bug is all over the country, I'm getting over it myself. It's important that you get help for the rest of the packing up as you don't want to overdo things and relapse. Drink lots of fluids, soup, clear juices like apple and cranberry, and see your Dr to get the congestion treated effectively.

Mary said...

Oh almost forgot, is the house in Oklahoma or Texas, did you get the problem with the Texas homeschooling program resolved?

Liz said...

Oh Sandra! Everything happens for a reason. This house here is exactly where you are supposed to be! I'm so excited for you and your family!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations, so excited for you!!!! Best wishes getting settled in.

Blessings
,Jill

Amy at love made my home said...

So VERY!! happy for you!!!! It is great to know that you have a new home to go straight to and it sounds as though you are looking forward to making it yours which is wonderful too!! Travel safely! xx

Conny said...

You're getting there!! HOW EXCITING!!! This is motivation to keep you packing and cleaning there in Idaho! :) Happy for you!

Heather said...

Congratulations on the home! It's lovely!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Congrats on the new house! I am so excited for you guys!

Susanne said...

Very excited for you Sandra!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Congrats! You'll love having your own layers. It's one thing I love about living in the country.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Fantastic news! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!

Anna said...

Oh super exciting! Love that kitchen. We are getting ready to move again too, by the 1st of June. We are moving into the upstairs of our building downtown.

Sara L said...

How exciting to get your country home! Looks so great! And we have been getting lots of rain in this area so everything will be green and looking good when you get here! Welcome to Texas!!!