Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - December 13

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
46 degrees and the sun is shining brightly.


Things that make me happy:
Christmas


Book I'm reading:
Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock


What's on my TV today:
Dr Quinn Medicine Woman Season 4
Christmas Movies on Hallmark


On the menu for dinner:
Bean and Ham Soup w/ Beer Bread


On my To Do List:

Wash all the Bathroom rugs
Finish all the laundry
Sweep and mop


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Nothing, it's been a crazy time around here and I haven't had the chance to try anything new.

In the craft basket:
Finishing up my last pockets for the Advent Calendar


Looking forward to this week:
Jasmine's Band Concert tonight....Nicholas' Christmas Concert on Friday morning....AND.....Friday being the last day that my kids attend this pathetic school. 


Tips and Tricks:
We all have that drawer or drawers in the kitchen that seem to be the catch all for everything around the house, whether it be pens and pencils, hair accessories, tools, paper clips, scissors etc.  I like using the cheap plastic trays you can get at the dollar store to keep everything organized, I can usually fit about 2 or 3 depending on the size into each drawer.  Everything looks cleaner and tidier and you can find what you need faster.



My favorite blog post this week:
Haven't done my blog reading yet, I've been awful at it lately. 


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
No blog reading, which means no newly discovered blog. 


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
Peaceful Christmas Village


Lesson learned the past few days:

Patience and trust in the Lord.  With all of this homeschooling change going on, I've had to trust in Him to keep my children safe in that school and to have patience when all I want to do is yank them out that very day.

On my mind:
Christmas coming up, I haven't bought a single present yet.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11



No comments: