Friday, November 13, 2015

In the Kitchen - Macho Nachos



I have to start by thanking you all so much for your opinions and comments on my last post, I so appreciate my readers and I'm glad to know that you are all so welcoming of the changes.

I guess it's official, I'm going to start posting my recipes here and then just copying them to my food blog for safe keeping.  The comments on the food blog will be disabled, so I guess in a sense, you will be able to also use the blog as an online recipe folder for your own use :)

I've decided that my recipes will fall under the category of In the Kitchen and I will add them to my linkbar up above as I post them.

There are a few recipes I'm going to share today, so this will probably be the only time you'll see so many in a row, from today on I'll just post them as I make them.

Right, here's the first one, a good recipe for a quick meal and one that your husband and kids will surely enjoy.

Macho Nachos

Macho Nachos
Source:  I wash you dry


6-8 large handfuls of corn tortilla chips
1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1½ cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 (15 oz) can of chili (your favorite brand works)
½ cup sliced black olives
½ cup sliced, pickled jalapeños
½ cup diced tomatoes
¾ cup sour cream
2 green onions, diced
salsa


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In an oven safe pan or baking sheet lay half of the chips, then top with half the can of chili, ½ of the cheddar cheese, and ½ of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering; chips, chili, cheese.

Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.

Quickly top with the black olives, jalapeños, diced tomato, sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot with a side of salsa. Enjoy!

Macho Nachos

3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

I am glad for you that you have reached a decision, as long as you are comfortable that is the most important thing, and it isn't as if you cannot ever change your mind in the future is it! Delicious nachos! xx

Mimi G said...

I'm keeping Full Bellies, Happy Kids for all of the good recipes posted there. You put so much work into your blogs...enjoy them so much. Thanks for sharing.

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness, these sound good. We are huge nacho fans in this household.