Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/22/2016

Good morning friends, I sure do hope you've had a good weekend.  Mine was quiet, not much going on and that is a good thing because I haven't been feeling too well.  Allergies are kicking my behind right now.

Anyway, let's see what we have going on this week, shall we?


On the weather front:::
The temperatures have been amazing the past week, all 80's, some rain, and cooler weather.  I've been able to turn off the AC for the whole day, open windows and let in the fresh breeze. Looks like this week we are going to be in the low 90's with maybe some rain a day or two.


On my bedside table:::
Devotionals
My coffee right now
Lotion


On my TV:::
Hubby and I are all caught up with Supernatural, now we need to find something else to watch.  I'm thinking we may do Stranger Things, or Dark Matter.


Thinking and pondering::::
Oh goodness, my husband's work situation, though I have to tell you that I'm not worried about it at all, I know it will work itself out.  He's already put in for numerous job so I know something will come up.


Listening to::::
Capital FM while I type up this post, then it will be vlogs.


Favorite Youtube Video last week:::
I have found such wonderful vlogs.  I'm sure I've mentioned them before, but one of my favorites are the SacconeJolys.  Jonathan and Anna are professional vloggers raising 2 of the most adorable kids EVER.  If you've never watched them, you have to give them a try. 


On the menu for this week:::
My meal plans have been quite boring the past few months, I haven't been able to really try new recipes or post them on the food blog.  The reason being that I'm cooking for 7 people every night and I have to stick with easy, filling and meals that stretch far.  So I'm sorry if my menus always seem to be the same thing or boring items, but it's just for another week or 2 until my family moves into their own house :)

Monday - Mexican Lasagna
Tuesday - Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday - Bacon Spaghetti, Foccacia
Thursday - Have to pick something up for dinner, busy day
Friday - Four Cheese Lasagna, Cheesy Garlic Bread, Salad
Saturday - Pork Chops, Fresh Broccoli Salad, Rice
Sunday - Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Potato Salad



On my To Do List:::
Schooling with the kids
Kitchen....unload dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes. Sweep, mop.
Bedrooms....make beds, open curtains and blinds, open windows, tidy up.
Bathrooms....clean toilets and sinks.
Laundry


Looking forward to:::
Labor day weekend, we are heading up to Oklahoma City to Curt's Aunts house, she is moving but wants to throw a little party at her old place.  Will be fun. 


What I plan on doing for myself this week:::
I honestly don't know, I am thinking try to get some reading done maybe?  


Favorite photo:::




Lesson learned the past few days:::
The lesson I've been relearning, hasn't been the past few days, but more like the past 2 months.  July and August have not been good months for us, a lot and I mean a LOT has gone on.  What I keep having to relearn is that some things are out of my control and the more I try to hold on and do things my way, the more things fall apart and become harder to get through.
I've had to really open my eyes, yet again, and focus on the things that matter, the things that are within my reach, and everything else has been put in the Lord's hands and left alone.  It's like night and day when you give up that control and learn to wait and not panic. 


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:::
 

10 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Love the new prompts. So I used the ones on your HHM page because I had to write last night in order to get a post up this morning.
I love the new photo too.
Have a great party.
Blessing on your week.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I look forward to hearing you are doing better as September rolls around. I can't even believe that it is almost September already! Have a great week my friend.

Schotzy said...

SO good to get back to HHM... Praying that Hubby's work situation works out for the best.. and that this is a great week for you as the kids get back into the groove!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love that photo!

HOpe you have a wonderful week ahead and that Fall to come is when not only leaves change- but things start changing in more positive ways for you. ;)

Continued prayers for your Hubby's job search! Blessings. xoxo

Row. said...

I am loving the new prompts and the new photo : ) thanks for including one for taking care of US. Going to try my hardest to get that bubble bath in now.

Jean said...

What a great photo of the moon! I need to try some new dinner ideas out as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra you're sounding more like your old self and that is wonderful...look forward to seeing new projects and hearing about your family and their move....how's your niece? Did she stay back in Utah?

Have a blessed week...

Hugs
Rhonda

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I love your moon photo, and I'm glad to see you sounding like your amazing positive self!

Sherry Jolly said...

Stranger Things is awesome!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello dear friend. I am happy you are coming back to your precious old self. Been some hard trials I know. Praying for you still and always. Love that moon picture too. I miss taing pictues of the moon but my poor old camera is getting very tired!