Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Is Fall just around the corner?

Signs of Fall

Well folks, last year I felt like fall was taking forever to arrive, matter of fact I don't even remember seeing any leaves turning or the trees changing color until much later in the year, and by later I'm talking middle of November.

This year it seems to have arrived much sooner, I took a walk around my front yard a few days ago and was shocked to see Fall staring me right in the face.

I grabbed my camera, snapped a few pictures and thought I would share them with you today.

Maybe you're neck of the woods is experiencing an early Fall too or you are longing for cooler temperatures, whatever it may be, I hope this post brings you a smile.

Signs of Fall

Signs of Fall

Signs of Fall

Signs of Fall

That's one of the perks of country life, at least for me, being able to step outside and be completely surrounded by nature.  No cars, no buildings, no loud crazy noise, just birds, grass, trees, butterflies and stillness.

See, sometimes I need that stillness to calm my soul from all the craziness that seems to ensue behind the home walls, the responsibilities of homemaking, the child rearing, the day to day worries and struggles.

Signs of Fall

Signs of Fall

I highly recommend you just step outside once in a while, throw everything off your mind and just sit in the silence.  Don't think, don't worry, don't fret, just BE!!!

Signs of Fall

Signs of Fall

Signs of Fall

I'm looking forward to Fall, I won't say it's my favorite season like for some, because if I have to be honest, I like every season, I think each one brings it's own beauty and appeal.  But that's just me.

Well I hope you enjoyed these few glimpses of fall.  I have to get ready to leave and pick up my husband from work.

Being a one car family is frustrating at the time, but we don't want to get into any more debt and so we make do.  It works for the most part, I only really need the car every two weeks for groceries and then I try to get all my errands done the same day....OR if there is a doctor appointment or something come up. 

Anyway, I have to get going so I best end this here.

Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

6 comments:

Lulu said...

wow so nice to see a second post from you in a week..
enjoy the quiet..i too love and cherish the quiet times..
take care sandra..

Sew Very Me said...

In New Zealand we're heading into Spring, but winter hasn't really been here. Not enough snow on the mountain to enjoy. Your advice on just being and being outside is so true.
Most days the daughter and I will just sit outside and colour in. No thinking, no responsibilities, just the 2 of us being :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such lovely photos Sandra. God sure is good isn't He? Seeing some of the slow change up here in my northwoods too. The weather has still been a little warm for me - but I can feel the change to chilly in the evenings and mornings. I love it!

And I'm with you in needing the quiet and the calm sometimes to just be. To reconnect to our Creator and just to not THINK or DO sometimes. Especially in today's crazy world.

Wishing you a wonderful night and a great rest of the week my Friend. xoxo

Dawn Marie said...

Beautiful photos. Here in PA we seem to be experiencing fall today and this weekend is supposed to be in the upper 70's; however, the 90's will be back next week. I really don't mind the heat but the humidity makes it brutal. I love fall so much but do not look forward to the cold winter that follows.

Row. said...

beautiful Photos! Fall is my favorite season <3

amyt17 said...

Amazing photos! The temperatures where I live are still in the fourties.. You'd think that I live somewhere close to the equator, but nope I'm in Canada!!