Monday, March 05, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/05/2018

Good morning ladies, hope you're all doing well this Monday.

I'm feeling a bit tired today, I haven't been sleeping very well, my insomnia has been rearing it's ugly head lately, and my shoulder has also been hurting quite a bit.  I'm slightly frustrated that physical therapy didn't really do much and that I'm back to square one for a few months, at the very least.  *sigh*

Anyway, it's nothing I can't deal with and I'm sure soon I'll be feeling better.  Onwards and upwards right?

Let's see what everyone is up to this week.




Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Cup of coffee and that's it for the moment.  I'm not very hungry this morning and not really craving anything in particular.  

On today's to do list::::
  1. Laundry - Finish laundry and put it all away
  2. Kitchen - Usual clean up and tidying 
  3. Living Rooms -  Dust, vacuum and tidy up.
  4. Jasmine's Room -  She's away this week so I'm going to get in there and give it a good deep clean, I also want to tackle her closet tomorrow. 
Currently reading::::
Whisper by Mark Batterson, almost done with it.  Then will be starting Hurricane Season by Lauren F. Denton for a review coming up next month.    

On the TV this week::::
Jamestown Season 2
Coal House at War (you can watch on Youtube)
General Hospital
Catch up with Walking Dead

The weather outside is::::
Beautiful, blue skies with not a cloud in sight, we're expecting a high of 66.  Looks like the week is pretty much the same.  Maybe we're finally heading into Spring?3

On the menu this week::::

Monday - Pan Seared Chicken with Garlic Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Tuesday - Ham and Cheese Penne, Salad
Wednesday - Fish Fillets, Rice, Cauliflower
Thursday - Skillet Kielbasa with Potatoes
Friday -  *Grocery shopping*
Saturday -
Sunday -

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Keep pushing through the Elements CAL.  I have 9 squares done and still many more to go.

What I'm sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::::
I am on Part 10 of the Elements CAL.  I need 24 outer squares and have 9 so far.  It's slow going, but I'm trying to cracking on with these every spare moment I have.  


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Working on the new menu plan this week, and I got two more cookbooks in. By the way, I will be posting a review for all of these cookbooks later today, well not the two new ones but the previous ones I got while we were sick for so long.  Anyway, I'm hoping to make some new recipes from the two books so we'll see what I do.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
No words needed, really. 

_MG_0584

Bible Verse, Devotional::::
I've finished a few more plans this past week.  One of my favorites was the Prayers of Daring Faith by Pastor Rick Warren.  I'm hoping to find a few more by him to get into.
In my book Whisper by Mark Batterson, I've been learning about the 7 languages of God, I didn't even know that was a thing but it's so interesting and makes perfect sense.  I'll share it all when I do the review for you.




14 comments:

Jodi said...

Love your photo of the week!!! Yummy menu for the week! No linky this week?

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm feeling the same way - one foot in front of the other... I also think you're right about winter being over. Have a wonderful week.

Jodi said...

I see the linky now!! LOL Have a great week Sandra!! xoxo

Sandra said...

Jodi, I'm so sorry, I did add the link the first time but for some reason it disappeared, I JUST readded it LOL Thank you for the heads up, have a wonderful week :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

OOPS the first link for me (#2) was already in there and I hit enter too fast before adding today's link (#3).

Rebecca Knox said...

Love your photo this week, Sandra! Have a great week ahead and keep on keepin' on! Blessings! <3

Luludou said...

Have a great week, thank you for sharing with us :)

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I'm so glad to see you are taking charge of your life! Have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wonderful photo my Dear! I hope you get better sleep and that therapy starts going better for you. Hang in there.
I love cookbooks and read them just like a good book. ;) Have a blessed week Sandra. xoxo

Jean said...

Can't wait to see your new recipes and cookbook reviews. Great photo. Hope you've had a wonderful day & have a wonderful week as well!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

You're living a wonderful life!
Thank you for hostessing.

Mary said...

Sorry to hear the phys therapy didn’t help. When I was first sent to one at the local hospital I didn’t feel that it had helped either. Some are better than others. When my stenosis flared up again I tried a phys therapy practice out of the hospital and I had real improvement and learned some great stretching exercises to use to stave off reoccurrences or to lessen their severity.

Jackie See said...

Thank you for hosting this great link up. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and sharing ideas and thoughts. Prayers for good health for you!~Dazee~

Susanne said...

Our Ladies study just finished the study for Whisper (on the RightNow Media site) and we really liked it. I've been thinking of getting the book. And I have Hurricane Season coming for review also. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.