Monday, June 15, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/15/2020 }

Good morning my friends, I hope this post finds you all doing well.

Last week was another bust for me.  I had all these plans to post and take photos and blog and nothing came to happen.  It was just not a good week for me at all.  The situation with my husband's job is still not resolved, but I know that God is behind it, He is leading the way and it will be resolved when it needs to be.

I want to thank you all for the constant barrage of prayers and support.  It helped me immensely last week, when I allowed the enemy to sink me into one of the deepest and darkest holes I've ever found myself in.

Since then, I have reopened my Bible, have been surrounding myself with positivity, watching just Christian shows, praying incessantly and yesterday, my husband and I found a new church.  It felt so good to be back inside God's house.  True renewal of our spirit, and for the first time in two weeks I got to see the old Curt.  He was happy, he was smiling, and that in turn renewed my soul.

Anyway, we are still very much in a spiritual battle, and I'm talking about all of us now.  The things I see happening around us shock me, and they shouldn't because I was born in a country that saw a lot of this happening, we were forced to leave when I was just 2 years old.  I then lived in Portugal and South Africa, and as you know South Africa is not a safe and easy country to live in.  This kind of destruction, the riots, the burning of buildings, that is what I grew up around so when I came to America I was beyond happy to be away from it.  Now, it feels like I'm right back and it's pretty sad to see.  The good news is that God wins and very soon this will all end.

But, let's not dwell on that, let's just send our prayers up, and move on with our day.  I wish you all a very blessed week.



♥♥The Weather♥♥
It's been so hot around here.  Thankfully this week we are not hitting the triple digits again, although still going to be quite hot with high 90s.       

Monday - Mix of clouds and sunshine, Abundant sunshine, 94
Tuesday - Mostly Sunny, 94
Wednesday - Sunny, 97
Thursday - Mostly Sunny, 99
Friday - Partly cloudy, 97
Saturday -  Partly cloudy, 98
Sunday - PM Thunderstorms, 98


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I am feeling refreshed, I am calm and at peace.   It is such a blessing when you allow God to take over and stop allowing the enemy to cloud your thoughts.        


♥♥On my mind♥♥
What I need to do today.  I have to get the house cleaned, I've been doing just an overall clean but not a deep clean like the house needs.         


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Just had coffee with some Almond Joy Creamer.  I love coconut so this is one of my favorite creamers.  I'll probably have a sandwich later.  


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
The Summer House by Lauren K. Denton.  I have a few others on the list to read, plus some new reviews coming in the next few weeks.     



♥♥On my tv♥♥
Sid Roth's It's Supernatural
A lot of sermons, prophets and pastors on Youtube.   


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
I went grocery shopping on Saturday morning.  It was nice to see the commissary stocked again, there were only a few items here and there that were missing, but not much.  They also have removed the limit on the amount of meat you can purchase, but here's the kicker, they have upped their meat prices to ridiculous amounts.  $8 a pound of ground beef, $10 for a package of cubed steak (usually  between 1 and 2 dollars).  It is so sad to see the state this country is in.  What is happening???

Monday - Meatballs and Spaghetti, Homemade Garlic Knots
Tuesday - Strogonoff Chicken, Rice, Beans
Wednesday - Smoked Sausage Cheesy Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday - Beef Curry
Friday - Sub Sandwiches
Saturday - Alfredo Pasta, Salad
Sunday -  Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings


♥♥From the camera♥♥
Meet the new member of the family.  We weren't able to find a home for him, no one is taking in animals, so he is here to stay.  Not what I wanted, but then again it is what God wanted, so we will go with it.

This is Elliott.  Jasmine has claimed him as her own.  He is the cutest and sweetest little kitten.  We have been taking care of him for the past 3 weeks or so, and thankfully he is doing great, has grown, has put on weight and is a happy little boy.      



♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
It is quiet, but for the sound of the air conditioner in my bedroom.  The sun is streaming in through the windows, which gives that beautiful glowy calm atmosphere.  I love morning sunshine.  Jasmine is off today so she is still asleep and so is Nick.    


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
The ongoing struggle with the pool.  I'm getting very close to just emptying it and restarting.  So definitely not a chore I'm looking forward to. 


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Keep reading the Bible and watching calming shows on the TV.                          


♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
I am leaving my prayer list exactly as it was last week, because we need to keep praying on these things.  The only thing I'm adding is my husband's job and situation.  

The President, Vice President and their families.
All Americans who are being caught in the crossfire of these devastating riots.
For our police men and woman, first responders and military.
For this nation who has completely lost it's way.  I pray for the Lord to lift the veil that is covering so many people's eyes and for the spirit of Grace and Discernment to come into the lives of every single man and woman.  
My husband's job situation, for God's will to be done.


11 comments:

Daydreams In The Desert said...

That kitten is so adorable! My boys would love a cat, but I am afraid the dogs would not be to keen! Insane prices for your meat, let's hope they come down soon. I hope things start to settle down for your country soon xx

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sending continues prayers for Curt and his job woes. Elliott is a sweetheart and reminds me so much of my Dickens at that age. Those commissary prices for meat seem exhorbinant! My local butcher isn't even charging that high for grass feed beef. Try and stay cool with that heat and have a GREAT week!

Jean said...

Elliot is such a cute little kitten, hope he isn't bothering your allergies too much? I noticed the jump in grocery prices as well, hopefully, it will all even back out soon. Your menu sounds yummy. Prayers you have a much better week!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I've been praying with you about your situation this week. Still praying! Elliott is the cutest little cat, and he reminds me of a tiny version of my much beloved late tabby boy Dave. Blessings!

Monique G. said...

Elliott is adorable. WE have found two our cats as strays. We weren't planning on taking in anymore, but God had a different plan than us. Prayers for your hubby. I pray he finds comfort and peace soon. It's hard when they are being attacked.




Sandra said...

Marley is scared of the kitten lol I still don't know how they will do once Elliott is older, but I'm hoping they get along. xoxo

Sandra said...

Thank you for your prayers my friend. We still haven't heard anything, it's frustrating but I just keep reminding myself that it's in God's hands. Elliott is very sweet.
xoxo

Sandra said...

Surprisingly my allergies have been ok with Elliott. Weird!!! xoxo

Sandra said...

Thank you Joanna, I appreciate your prayers and support over on Instagram. xoxo

Sandra said...

That's our God, He always has a plan doesn't He? I never would have taken in a cat, it wasn't in my plan and I still can't believe we have him, but it is what it is.

Luludou said...

What a cute cat! Grocery prices have gone up here too... everything is stocked but the prices are just horrible :(
Hope you have a great week