Wednesday, October 06, 2021

{ Trying to grasp this temporary routine }

IMG_1699

It is 55 degrees outside, the birds are chirping, my windows are open and the house is quiet. If I bottle up a perfect Fall/Autumn morning, it would be this one.

I'm still trying to get used to this new routine, and knowing me, I will master it the day before it ends.  Hahaha

We still have another 2 and a half weeks of driving school, but my girl is doing so well, she has her permit now and she is getting ready to start doing her actual driving hours.  She is excited and albeit a bit anxious still, but that is normal.  I've been driving forever and I still get a bit anxious especially on the highway.  

But, the routine is just insane.  I feel so tired, like I haven't really been able to relax or get much downtime, so I'm trying to cram everything I want to do get done in my day, into every single spare moment.

IMG_1700

I am so determined to get a grip on my days, that I've pulled out my planner and have actually been using it.  If you're a huge planner person, you're probably laughing at me, and that's quite alright.  But I'm the girl who loves the concept of planners, and buys them, and then never touches them.  I don't know why.

But I pulled it out, and have been using it to keep me on track, or try to at least.

IMG_1727

In the middle of this craziness, driving back and forth and all that, Fall is well under way, which means we have a ton of work to do around the property.  So we are also trying to get things done, as we can, and cramming most of it into the weekends.  It's great, but also kind of counter productive in a way, because I'm so busy during the week, and Curt is so busy with work and college classes too, that we don't get to rest or relax on the weekend either.

It's just our life at the moment and we're both getting through it without complaining, because really there is no sense in wasting time doing that when it changes nothing, right?

It is temporary.  That's all!

Some of the things I've been doing, is preparing for the cold weather.  If you've followed me for a while, you know that every year, around October, I make my Winter Concoction for the fridge.  If you want to make it for yourself, there is a recipe, or step by step rather, already on the blog.  


IMG_1722

This year I also made a new mixture that is amazing for the winter crud, let's put it that way.  It brings out all the phlegm, it helps with colds and flus and is just brilliant for your immune system.  I will share it on the food blog, just haven't had time to sit and do it, but hopefully today.

IMG_1723

IMG_1729

Our pecan trees are about ready to be harvested.  We actually have some of the most beautiful pecans growing this year and we are so excited for the harvest.  They don't produce every year, I think I've mentioned it before, but it's something we had to learn after moving to this house.  I had no clue about pecan trees, or any trees of any kind. 

Our Pecan trees produce every two years.  

We have 6 on our property and a few baby ones growing too.  It's wonderful that God has blessed us with some many producing trees, but the harvest usually yields far more pecans than we can handle.  We gift them to family and friends, and then I use as much as I can.

We still have two buckets from 2 years ago, that I am trying to shell and process as fast as I can, before the new ones come in.  So, will be making pecan milk, pecan pie filling for canning, and also canning  roasted pecans.  A lot to do and I'm not sure how or when I'll be able to get it all done, but I'll do it.

IMG_1748

I know my posting has been a bit sporadic, since I was working so hard on getting back on track here on the blog, but our plans are never really our plans.  God's plans supersede everything, and so we just go with the flow.  
 
This whole driving school thing came out of nowhere because of Jasmine's job, so we got thrown into this routine, literally from one day to the other.  Life is like that though, isn't it?

On my to do list for today, I have to iron a few work shirts for Curt and a few other things, I am also going to be taking Jasmine to school later, and to pop into her work real quick at 1pm.  

In between all this, I need to get this post up, hopefully get some of the food blog recipes up too, and I also want to get some Pumpkin Spice Apple Butter going in one crockpot, so that I can process it all later tonight, as well as getting dinner going in a second crockpot.

Oh goodness.

But, what I'm going to actually do, is instead of dropping her off, coming back home and returning to pick her up, I'm going to stay there.  It's two hours, but I'll take my laptop, and use that time to get all the recipes up on the food blog, edit photos and if I still have time, maybe watching something on Youtube.  Who knows.

Again, it's all about organizing and planning.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.  I am going to get up, make my bed, get dressed and start on some of these tasks.

4 comments:

Christal said...

Hoping you have a lovely day🙏❤️🌷🌹🌸, love the kitty cat in the photos, he's so handsome.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

You are so busy ! Will be looking forward to your Winter crud recipe. We can always use that. I have bread in oven as I read this.

Rochelle said...

I was reading your blog and the words “on our property” stood out. I remembered when we all were biting our nails for the final news on the property… hehe… God is so good! He gives us so many sudden unexpected gifts 🌷

Tracy dixon said...

I was in the same boat with both of our boys. Before they could drive and got vehicles of their own, I drove them every where. Sometimes I would meet myself coming in and out of our driveway. I didnt know if I was coming or going. One was in football and the other in martial arts. I got alot of use out of my crockpot. Sometimes I would cook supper in the morning and just wrap it up and set it on the stove and we ate when we got home. At least we had a meal waiting on us. I warmed many of bleachers and chairs waiting and watching them in their activities. However, I wouldnt trade it for anything. I have the memories. They grow up and move out way too fast. This too shall pass.
I am an overthinker and I had to do something to relieve a stressed, anxious, over crowded mind. I discovered planners. I love mine. It helps me if I get a pretty one and full of categories. If I see it wrote down on paper it helps me stay motivated and organized. There is nothing like crossing off things on that list. lol.
I have been working hard the past few weeks refreshing my blog and then I bit the bullet and ventured out and created a YouTube channel. I still have alot to learn. I dont know how to edit videos. Dont want to spend money on software either. I will eventually learn. Its just taking time.
4dfarms.blogspot.come
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcqUdCQtH1FQNZV8iJyF77g