Monday, June 10, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/10/2024

 
 
 
Good morning sweet ladies, welcome back to my blog. ♥
 
I hope you had a fantastic weekend and got plenty of rest, or maybe it was a weekend like some of ours where you are just as busy as the weekdays.  Whichever it was, I hope it was a good one.  
 
Mine was good, I did absolutely nothing on Saturday....well actually I started my Saturday my mowing the back yard and then realized it was the worst idea ever.  The pollen is extremely high right now, and I got all the nastiness blown into my face, also stepped on an ant hill that was under the tall grass, and got attacked on my left foot, leaving me with tons of bites.  Got bit by multiple mosquitoes, and my arthritis flared up on my hands.  Needless to say, I returned indoors feeling defeated by the outdoors and spent the rest of the day battling awful allergies.   
 
Sunday Curt and I went to the gym in the morning, did a small Walmart pickup and then returned home, where I once again was practically laying around with allergy meds and feeling awful.  I am still dealing with them this morning, but hopefully they go away soon.
 
Anyway, that was my weekend.  Let's get going with our post for today, have a blessed week my friends!
 
Sandra


 
*** The Weather *** 
Humid and we hit triple digits this weekend, already.  It's going to be a hot summer.  We are expecting some rain this week which will hopefully cool things down.       
 
Monday - Cloudy and a stray thunderstorm, 81
Tuesday - Thunderstorms, 81
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 89
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 93
Friday- Sunny, 95
Saturday - Sunny, 94
Sunday - Sunny, 93
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Working on this post, sitting on my bed and watching SIC (live Portuguese tv). 
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Nothing in particular, just a couple blog post ideas floating around in my head, as well as what I need to get done today.           
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Have a headache from all the sniffling I've done the past 2 days.  I was so congested yesterday that even swallowing made me feel like I couldn't breathe, it made my nose feel swollen and like I couldn't breathe at all.  Hate that feeling.  But, the congestion is much better this morning and I'm sure the headache will go away as the day progresses. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I had a cup of coffee with 2% milk, also had a Keto Waffle and did sneak a small little piece of Baklava, which I should not have had, but it's the week before my cycle and I have such horrible cravings for sweets.  Ugh!!!!  
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Tuna salad      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Eggplant and Lentil Curry, Basmati Rice (Cauliflower rice for me)
 
 
*** On the menu *** 

Monday
Eggplant and Lentil Curry, Basmati Rice (Cauliflower rice for me)
Tuesday 
Mediterranean style baked Tilapia, Curried Quinoa, Roasted Brussels Sprouts   
Wednesday 
Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday
Firecracker Chicken, Chow Mein, Egg Rolls (No chow mein or egg rolls for me)
Friday
Hot and Spicy Lasagna, Salad
Saturday
Leftovers
Sunday
Ham, Potatoes, Sauteed Cabbage


*** What I am wearing *** 
Silk pink pajama shorts set.  Either shorts or leggings for the day, since I'll be working out later. 

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Esther
The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir
 
 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Ruzgarli Tepe
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
Paramount - Star Trek Discovery
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
I need to do the usual homemaking, vacuum and dust and actually need to clean the carpets in the living room too.  Other than that the house is clean.  I do have my little greenhouse in the front hallway, it is currently drying the herbs I harvested on Friday.
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Blog post for tomorrow
Bible and Devotional time
Workout
Check the drying herbs and get jars ready
Look into a DIY Apothecary to house all my dried herbs

 
*** From the camera *** 
The best part about being healthy and losing weight, is feeling lighter, and in order to achieve that, you need to move during the day.  I have a goal of 10 000 steps each day and I make sure to achieve that.  Sometimes even just putting on music and dancing in the kitchen between doing dishes, is enough.  Just move, just get your body moving, I promise you it will make a huge difference. 
 

 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
If you are in Christ, you've been chosen to transcend the borders of your own glory, to reach out towards a greater glory---the glory of God.  - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Not sure how to use this link to link up my post. It's asking me to sign in using facebook?

Adriaantje said...

oh, how annoying that the mosquitoes and ants bothered you so much....
10000 steps a day and then dancing, sounds fun!
Have a nice week!

Sandra said...

It let's ypu pick facebook or Google. I'm sorry it's giving you problems, I'm trying it out because the other one is going to be removed by the owner soon.

Mother Em said...

Do you wear a mask when mowing? Also, try putting Vicks under around your nose to "grab hold" of those nasty pollen floating around. You might try taking your allergy meds before you start those chores in the future.

Love reading your blog and love that little outfit you're wearing "prancing" around the kitchen.

Have a great week ahead. Mary in GA (had but have lost your email address)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness - you poor thing. Nature attacked!! Geesh. I'm glad you're ok though. Lol And you look so good and it's easy to see how great you feel! Blessings on your week. xo

Luludou said...

Doesn't seem like it was the greatest time to mow :( Hope you are feeling better. I need to start moving more. I had said I would dance but it didn't happen, I have to work on making it happen.
Have a great week

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

On Sunday I had a family lunch for my youngest daughter's birthday she turned 35 on the 6th it went well I made her favourite a beef casserole done in the slow cooker with ice cream .for desert, Tim wasn't here he had to work but he doesn't like casseroles anyway.

I often like to sit and think and ponder over silly things

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear about the ant hill! Unfortunately, it's that horrible Texas time of year! Hope your bites are better. Hope you're getting those steps in. I LOVE counting steps. Have a GREAT rest of the week.