Monday, June 03, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/03/2024

 
 
Good morning sweet ladies, welcome back to my blog. ♥
 
It is Monday morning, a rainy cloudy, foggy morning here in North Texas.  But, I am here for it.  Although the rain season for us has been a bit much, if it doesn't end soon we'll be floating away.  Anyway, I still welcome a rainy day, like always.
 
It is June, the first Happy Homemaker Monday of this month, and also the month where I am hoping, really really hoping, to return to a more consistent schedule of posting.  Like I said, fingers crossed!
 
There is just so much I want to share, from my daily life to new recipes on the food blog, my health journey, books, shows, and so on.  I need to get on with it, and stop hesitating so much.  Let's see how it goes.
 
For now, let's just get on with our post for today, see what is happening in all our homes, and start off the week right.
 
Have a wonderful week my friends ♥
 
Sandra


 
*** The Weather *** 
Hot, humid, wet.  It's been this for months now.  We have been hit with the strangest of weather, crazy storms that come out of nowhere and leave meteorologists stunned.  I don't know what to say, other than it's not normal.     
 
Monday - 90
Tuesday - 96
Wednesday - 92
Thursday - 96
Friday- 93
Saturday - 96
Sunday - 94
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Sitting on my bed with the fur babies, working on this post and listening to a random video on the TV.
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
About ways to get back into normal blogging, what I want to share, how to go about it, and what to do to stick with it and not fall off the wagon again.         
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm feeling amazing, although my legs and back hurt a bit this morning.  Curt and I went to the gym yesterday and I got in a good workout, but the legs are feeling it today. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I've had coffee but nothing to eat yet.  I think I'll make a Keto Waffle for breakfast, once I'm done with this post.  
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Chickpea Salad.      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Dad's Favorite Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad (Cauliflower rice for me) 
 
Dad's Favorite Chicken
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Will be working on the new meal plan this week.  Have meals until Wednesday, then will kick start the new menu.

Monday
Dad's Favorite Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad (Cauliflower rice for me)
Tuesday 
Seafood Shakshuka, Quinoa, Spicy Cucumber Salad   
Wednesday 

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday


*** What I am wearing *** 
Still in my summer nightgown.  Will either pop on a dress, or some shorts after breakfast.

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Revelations. 
Memorial do Convento by Jose Saramago
 
 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Ruzgarli Tepe, Gelin, Kara Agac Destani, Elimi Birakma
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
Paramount - Star Trek Discovery
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
It is dark because of the cloudy weather outside.  I need to give it the usual Monday reset clean, vacuum, dusting and so on. 

 
 
*** To do list *** 
Meal plan and grocery list
Blog post for tomorrow
Bible and Devotional time
Workout
Water patio veggies and plants

 
*** From the camera *** 
Gave my bookshelves a good clean and organize over the weekend. 
 


*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
It would be amazing if a God of awesome glory recognized our existence, but for him to welcome us into his family is grace beyond amazing.  - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp



6 comments:

A Runners Mom & More said...

It's a challenge to keep up with blogging with busy schedules. I too have so much to get caught up with! Life has been a beautiful, Jammed Packed journey.

Have an Amazing week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Your weather has been intense! I hope it normalizes soon and you can enjoy some of the summer without all the horribly hot humid mess! Dad's favorite chicken looks scrumptious - I love all the carrots. Have a wonderful week my friend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello lovely Sandra!
How awesome that Curt is joining you on the health journey too. :) I would love to see posts and details about it as I'm working on the same thing. And to see you wonderful farmhouse - chickens, gardens etc. You just speak my language! Lol
Blessings on your week. xoxo

Unknown said...

Sandra,
leio-te desde Portugal, gosto muito do teu blog e fico à espera das receitas. Tenho sempre muita vontade de experimentar receitas em que se misturam culturas diferentes, como deve ser o teu caso.

Debbie said...

Sandra, I love to come here and see what you've been watching. You always have an interesting line-up of shows. We are hot down here in S.E. Texas too. Heat index already 103 today. I don't think we'll have the drought we had last summer, but all of this rain is about to drown us!

Luludou said...

I have a hard-time blogging once a week so kuddos to you for doing more. Have a great week