The week has come to an end, and Saturday greets us with an expectant smile. It lures us into a sense of calmness and relaxation which no doubt, has been very much needed probably since Monday morning rolled around.
For the most part, Saturdays for us are still busy days, well, and Sundays too. I don't really think we have slow, quiet, boring weekends anymore, so I try very hard to sneak some of these in whenever I get the chance.
Today for example, is one of these where I plan to make it a soft and beautiful Saturday. So what exactly do I do on these days?
Let me give you some examples:
♥ A quiet morning ♥
Start by opening the curtains and blinds to let in the morning light. I will usually open the windows too to let in some fresh morning air before the heat of the day comes along. Saturdays mean that I am the only one up from 4:30am to around 7am, and I love this time. I make my coffee, sit on the couch, say my prayers and then scroll through the phone, answer voice messages from family and watch some YouTube.
♥ Time for one of my favorite hobbies ♥
Whether it is reading, crocheting, baking or trying a new recipe, I try to fit one of those in on a slow Saturday. I don't usually bake during the week, and if it's a busy weekend I don't get to do it either, so on days like these, I love to make a special treat for the family.
♥ Disconnect from the phone ♥
I'm not one to be constantly attached to my phone, matter of fact, I am constantly leaving my phone and forgetting where it is because I just move on with my day. I tend to get in trouble with family sometimes because I don't respond when I should, or they laugh and it's become a family joke that I am usually walking around muttering "where's my phone?".
But for weekends like this, I deliberately make it a point of leaving it alone, and staying in the moment. I want to live my day away from the screen, social media, news or anything else that will distract me.
♥ Go for walks outdoors ♥
I am surrounded by fields and horses, alpacas and so on. Whenever I get the chance, I love to go for a walk with my husband and dog. It feels good to go outside, get fresh air, move our body and just be in nature.
♥ Self care ♥
During the week I obviously shower every day and brush my hair and teeth and so on. But I don't take the time to do anything extra for myself, so on these specific slow beautiful days, I take some time for self care.
Taking a bubble bath, shaving my legs, putting on a face mask or hair mask, taking a nap, using my massagers, or just sitting in the dark with my eyes closed and resting my body and soul.
Sitting down with a good book and a cup of tea, or watching a sweet romance on television. I will turn off all the lights and light a candle. Sometimes I put on some music, often music that I haven't listened to in a long time.
For example, you know how certain songs or music in general, have a way of reminding you of a specific time and place in your life? Well I was reminiscing about my babies being little and us living on base in Mountain Home, Idaho. I used to dance around with them in my arms to get them to sleep, while listening to the current country stations. So, I looked for a playlist on Spotify that played Country music from 1999 which is when Jasmine was born, and I sat and listened to it. It was such a wonderful trip down memory lane and it made me smile.







No comments:
Post a Comment