Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.
Here is today's recipe...YUM!
Image and recipe credit: RecipeTips
Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots - packed
- whipped topping or cream cheese frosting for serving
* Prepare carrots by peeling and grating. Set the grated carrots aside.
* In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar, eggs, water and vegetable oil together.
* Add the flour, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend just long enough to blend all ingredients.
* Stir the grated carrots in by hand until they are evenly distributed.
* Grease the inside of the crock from the 3 quart slow cooker. Pour in the batter and spread out evenly on the bottom of the crock.
* Place four or five paper towels over the top of the crock and cover. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
* The cake is done when firm in the middle. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center. If done, the toothpick should come out clean.
* Remove the crock from the slow cooker and place on a rack to cool before serving.
* Cut pieces and remove from the crock. Serve with whipped topping or top with cream cheese frosting.