Sunday, November 08, 2009

Weekend Chit Chat!


I'm tired and it feels like I've been saying that a lot lately *snicker*

But I guess that comes with the territory when you have two sick kids at home, Nicholas has a sinus infection and is on antibiotics and Jasmine just has a cold but she's been running a low grade fever. Mommy is exhausted and if I don't hear "mommy can I get?" again for at least a day, I'll be fine.

Isn't it always like that though when one or more of your children are not feeling well? I'm starting to believe that just the mere mention of the word "mommy" brings them comfort. Although for us who hear it constantly it can drive you quite insane at times LOL

Now is is just me or has this cold/flu season been absolutely horrid? I don't think I've seen so many people sick at the same time, I just hope and pray it passes fast.



You know I love weekends. The slow pace, the waking up late, the unplanned days before us. I used to live for a schedule and I wanted every single minute of my day planned, but as I got older I realized that I was happier on the days where there were no plans, there was nowhere to do go and nothing to do.

So we've started leaving our weekends open to just lolligag around the house and do whatever feels good at the time.

Like waking up late and sleepily moving into the kitchen to whip up a batch of pancakes, and drop big goops of butter on the hot cakes, watching it melt and drizzle down the sides.


I try to get a little bit of house cleaning done after breakfast while everyone else is still laying around in PJ's.

Then it's on to whatever I'm in the mood for that day. For me it's been watching tv and catching up on all the shows I've been meaning to watch.

I am almost done with Little House on the Prairie and maybe it's just me, but I haven't enjoyed Season 8 as much as the previous seasons, I'll even go as far as admitting that there have been a few episodes I completely skipped. Please tell me there's others out there that either did the same or know exactly what I'm talking about?

With that said, I realized that it was time to clean up and update my Queue on Netflix. I had so much stuff on there that I'm just not interested in anymore, so I spent about an hour deleting and moving items up on the list and find new things to watch.

- Like Lost in Austen. I was blog browsing yesterday and one of my favorite blogs had mentioned it so I immediately made mental note to find it, and I did. YAY!


After a dispute with her boyfriend, Amanda lands in the 19th-century world of author Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. While helping the Bennet sisters find husbands, Amanda accidentally causes problems that could alter the course of the tale. Throughout this British series, Amanda must balance her feelings for Mr. Darcy (Elliot Cowan) with her responsibility to the one of the world's greatest love stories. Jemima Rooper stars.

Here is the trailer for those that may be interested in watching:




http://www.khyron.net/images/sgteam.jpg

- I've also started watching the Stargate SG1 Series. Curt loves it and has all the Seasons from 1 to 10 and he's mentioned them a couple times but I had yet to get around to watching, so last night I popped in the first Disc and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it.



But I haven't just been watching TV because I've been surrounded by some great books that I'm reviewing, starting with one you'll see tomorrow called "White Picket Fences" by Susan Meissner which I'm sure you all know her from the amazing book "The Shape of Mercy".

There's also a vampire book and some Christian kid books and all sorts of other goodies you'll be seeing popping up in the blog the next couple of weeks.

In between I've been sneaking in some other reading that is not for reviews, just my own books like the Night World Series by L.J. Smith the same author that wrote "The Vampire Diaries". I've enjoyed them, they're pretty light reads and nothing majorly dark and heavy, which is just fine right now, if I want craziness I just have to look around my life at the moment LOL

Oh and I've managed to catch up on all my blog reading, I can now say that when I go on over to Google Reader, it says something like (7 new posts) instead of (1200 new posts). Yeah, you can laugh but it's true, it was so overwhelming at first I actually thought of just deleting everything but I'm so glad I didn't because I have so many wonderful blogs on there and obviously I don't comment on them all being that they're so many, but I like reading and catching up with many.

I did find a few new ones too which I'm enjoying looking through. Do you ever go back to the beginning of a blog and look through all their posts? I love doing that.

One of my new favorites is in England and has the most beautiful pictures, makes me sigh and smile and wish I was there.

Anyway, I have babbled enough for now, I need to get the kids backpacks ready for the morning, do the dishes, grab myself some hot tea and get kids ready for bed.

Have a wonderful night.

7 comments:

Mari said...

We have lots of sickness in our area too. My Heather was sick all last week and wasn't able to work. She goes back tomorrow.
I didn't like season 8 of Little House either. I haven't heard of Lost in Austen but it sounds good.
Have a good week - hope it's a little healthier!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I really really liked Lost in Austen - one of my favorite rentals from Netflix this year. I've seen several others that I liked, but that was one of my favorites :)

Hope everyone gets well and stays well at your house!!!y

Conny said...

I loved the earlier LHOTP better than the later ones ... I can't really tell you about season 8 specifically but if Laura is grown up now, then they are not my favs.
Hoep you all are feeling better this week. I work at a school & we had about 2 weeks of lots of sickness, though it's really let up for the time being.
Those hot cakes look DELISH, btw!!! mmmmmmm!!!!! Have a great week, Sandra!

Anonymous said...

I hope your little ones feel better soon. Round here there are all kinds of tummy bugs - you don't want to visit England right now, lol!

Hope you have a great day. I've done a Happy Homemaker post! I'll pop back later to add my name to the Mr Linky.

Love & Hugs.xxx

Jen said...

Flu season is upon us and it makes me nervous...my kids didnt get the shots this year...our town ran out too fast. I got one....but they did not.
I only pray sickness will stay away this year.
I hope you had a great weekend and you get back into the daily grind of things.

Susanne said...

I can't believe you read all those blog posts. There ought to be some kind of award for that! LOL.

That Lost in Austen looks so good. I'd never heard of it.

I just reviewed White Picket Fences too. Totally Awesome!

Jen said...

I did not care for season 8 of LHOTP as well. Season 9 is ok, there are a few good episodes. It is almost as if they were just grasping at air for show ideas in the later years. The pancakes look really good.