I've been doing the Slow Cooking Thursday for so long now, years actually, and it's had a good run but I've noticed lately that everyone seems to be running out of crockpot recipes to share and I don't want to completely do away with the feature, so I thought it time to change it up a bit.
Cooking Thursday will now replace our weekly crockpot feature to include not only those recipes but also any kind you may wish to share......breakfast, main dishes, desserts etc.
So won't you join me and share with us one of your new recipes, or an old family favorite, you can even throw in a recipe for homemade soaps or detergents (just remember to specify)
Here are a few of my guidelines:
1. Cooking Thursday is open to anyone with a blog that wants to join .
2. In order to make visiting you as easy as possible, please link to your individual Cooking Thursday post instead of to your home page.
3. If you're new to my weekly feature, please let us know by adding a "New" or "first time" in brackets after your name in Mr. Linky.
4. Right click on the Cooking Thursday banner and save to your hard drive, then upload and post the same way you would a picture, I would appreciate it if you would use one of the banners I provide and not make one of your own, it will be easier to follow this way.
5. Please mention Cooking Thursday in your post and link back to my Cooking Thursday post.
Frango Estufado - Portuguese Skillet Chicken
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
1 medium onion, sliced
5 garlic cloves, chopped
5 Tbsp. butter
1 cup white whine
salt and pepper
In a skillet melt the butter, add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Chop the garlic cloves and add to the skillet, next add the wine and onions and cook on high until the chicken is brown on both sides....
Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for about an hour. Keep an eye on it and add water as needed so it doesn't dry out and burn.
You want to have a nice gravy left over.
Serve with Portuguese roasted potatoes.