Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crocheting the day away....

2010_02220017

For the past two days I've immersed myself back into crocheting, into beautiful colors and soft yarn.

Into the rhythmic motion of hook and yarn while I watch a favorite show or read a good novel.

2010_02220019

It's relaxing and it's therapeutic for me, it takes away the craziness around me, the worries or the stress of life. I hadn't realized how much I had missed it until I made another granny square and sat back to admire the work.

My little blanket is coming along nicely, obviously nowhere near ready and I'm sure I'll be making granny squares for quite a while longer, but I'm enjoying it and I am already thinking about my next project.

Yesterday after getting the housework all done, I was able to sit on my couch, with my dear pugs laying next to me, and Little Dorrit on the TV. I watched the first 3 DVD's and absolutely loved it, have you ever watched the BBC Series?

It's a very interesting story, so much so that Curt ended up watching some of it with me and enjoying it too. I can't wait for the last DVD to arrive tomorrow.

Granny Square Blanket

This afternoon, I crocheted while reading my new book "Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict" which I got from Paperbackswap, along with some other great titles like:

Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter
Pemberley or Pride and Prejudice Continued by Emma Tennant
Darcy's Story by Janet Aylmer

OH and I also watched "Beyond Sherwood Forest" a movie about Robin Hood, another one of my favorite subjects.

The day ended with me in the kitchen whipping up some dinner which consisted of Spaghetti a la Philly, go on over to the Food blog for the recipe.

Spaghetti a la Philly

9 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful day! Your crochet projects looks great!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Just one question, how can you read while crocheting? I have to constantly look at what I am doing or I might start with a scarf and end up with a really long blanket.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Linds said...

Love it....I am crocheting too! It is so therapeutic, you are right. Your day sounds like a good one, Sandra. Enjoy!

Tina Leigh said...

I love the granny squares!!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Crocheting is therapeutic and your blanket is full of lovely colors. You're doing a wonderful job.

FlowerLady

Renee said...

Your crocheting is beautiful! The movie and the spaghetti look good too. Have a great day!

Lulu said...

i love your grannies..They are so pretty..
food looks delich..

Christina said...

I just copied the recipe for the spaghetti. I can't wait to try it.

WellerFamily said...

Where did you get your lovely pattern? I'd love to make a blanket like this someday!