Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's been raining this weekend, I really don't ever remember it raining this much in Arizona.


One of my simple pleasures:
Watching Regency Period movies.


On my bedside table:
Pemberley
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Just started but it's SO funny, I'm loving it.
Darcy's Story

On my TV:
Lark Rise to Candleford Season 3
Little Dorrit Disc 1


On the menu for tonight:
Baked Manicotti


On my To Do List:
Laundry
Sweep and Mop


New Recipe I tried last week:

Oven Chicken and Rice

2010_02160008



In the craft basket:
I'm back to making granny squares for my blanket, but I'm changing the pattern and following Lucy's directions. I'll show you what they look like tomorrow.


Looking forward to:
Spring, seeing the green grass, the sprinklers going, the flowers blooming.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
To keep the fridge smelling fresh and odour-free, this kitchen cleaning tip comes in handy, what you need to do is get a piece of cotton wool and put droplets of vanilla essence onto it, and place it in the middle of the fridge, this will stop the odours in their tracks.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Spring-Like Weather from Throwback at Trapper Creek, I just love the pictures in this post.


Favorite photo from last week:

Arizona Renaissance Fair.

Local Yokels


Lesson learned the past few days:
To appreciate what I have and to thank the Lord for all the blessings in my life. It's easy to forget about this simple thing in the daily craziness around us, but it takes but a few seconds and truly makes a difference.


On my Prayer List:
Family and Friends


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends.
Proverbs 16:28

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love the scripture! The lesson learned is something I need to take to heart. Hope you have a wonderful day!!

annies home said...

I will try the homemaking tip for sure sounds great love vanilla

autumnesf said...

I forget...have you read Pride Prejudice and Zombies yet? It's crackin me up!

Also, I'm reading and reviewing a book on Jane Austen after it gets here....the Christian perspective of her life. If you haven't read it I"ll pass it on to you afterwards. Forget the name and author right off the top of my head but I'll get back with you.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Oh, my......great verse.★Linda

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

I'm going to have to try your odor tip for the refrigerator. I've known it to work in the car but never tried it anywhere else.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mary said...

I think everyone is looking forward to spring! This weather is just getting old. I thought things were getting warmer here in Wisconsin then it snows this morning. Not cool

I also love the verse you picked!

becky said...

good verse!

Renee said...

Great post! I loved the verse you picked and the refrigerator ideal. Have a great week.

Christina said...

I never heard of so much rain in AZ either. I have a friend who lives there and she can't believe it. It seems that every other year has been dry.

Thanks for the fridge tip. I love this idea.

Baked Manicotti....yum-o! Is this recipe on your food blog?