Friday, February 05, 2010

Sniffling away the day.....

I'm still fighting this cold and just when I thought I was getting better, my dear husband was forced to get the Flu shot AND the H1N1 shot at the same time and within 2 days, was confined to bed with fever, body aches and a congested nose.

And then he pulled me onto him and kissed me on the lips and I literally ran out of the room all the while yelling "Ugh...no you gonna get me worse".

*sigh* I should have kept my mouth shut LOL

Long story short, spent all of last night tossing and turning with a congested nose, literally felt like I had a clothes pin holding the nostrils shut, now I'm running a low grade fever and I feel like I had an encounter with a big semi truck. Not good!

So I've been taking it easy today, thankfully I had all the housework done yesterday, thank the Lord. I also didn't have to fix dinner, the kids wanted Burger King and I was only too happy to oblige. Sometimes it's ok to enjoy a big greasy burger and not feel guilty.


I love this time of the night, a warm bath, slip into my favorite pajama's and sit back with a good book.

With a random sweet as honey pug kiss here and there.

Yep, I'm heading to bed and I'm taking the kids with me, they can read or watch a movie, but momma really needs to lay down.

11 comments:

Conny said...

awwwww, feel better!

Blessed Beyond said...

Hope and pray you feel better!

Jenna said...

I hope you and the hubby are feeling better soon!

Tina Leigh said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon! This junk is just hanging at my house. One of us will feel better, than another starts feeling bad and it circles around again! There's not enough bleach at my house!

Mari said...

Take it easy, keep reading and feel better!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

May you and your DH soon be well.

FlowerLady

Lulu said...

hope you feel better soon Sandra..
i love your sweet little pugs, glad you took a pic..
take care,

YayaOrchid said...

Sandra, I hope you are feeling better. I'm so sorry you're not feeling good. Your pug is so cute!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I remember the days when I could take my kids to bed with me***sigh***
Get well, Sweetie, but someday you'll remember these days with a smile..:)
★Linda

Christina said...

Hope you feel better soon. I just got over one heck of a cold and it was not fun. Sorry to hear about your hubby getting sick from both vaccines. Why the military does things like back to back shots always stumps me. My hubby has been in the same boat.

Renee said...

Hope you all feel better soon. Happy reading!