Monday, March 01, 2010

Veggie Tales Pistachio!

2010_02280001

My kids have loved Veggie Tales since they were wee little ones, so when I was offered the opportunity to review their newest video, I jumped at the chance.

*********************************


About the movie:

PISTACHIO: THE LITTLE BOY THAT WOODN'T


VeggieTales twist on the beloved story of Pinocchio!

Once upon a time in the small Italian town of Bologna-Salami, there lived a lonely toymaker named Gelato and his assistant Cricket. Gelato had no children he could call his own, so one day he decide to carve a little boy out of wood. His name is Pistachio!

Young Pistachio gets involved with some slippery characters. His bad choices and disobedience towards Gelato lead to some sticky situations.

Will Pistachio learn that obeying the wisdom of a loving father will help him find what he really needs and could be the key to saving his whole family? Find out in this new adventure with a lesson about the importance of family and obeying your parents.


*********************************

Nicholas, 6 years old:

I really liked it, it was funny, my favorite part was when they got swallowed by the whale, they were all going around crazy in the boat inside it and they ate the meatballs too.


Needless to say he absolutely loved it and has watched the movie 3 times in the past 4 days.

I love that the story follows Pinocchio and concentrates on why you shouldn't lie and what happens when you do, as well as the importance of listening to your parents.

In the silly songs intermission, it features an all new song called Where have all the Staplers gone? Nicholas loved it and I hear him singing it quite a bit as he walks around the house.



If you visit the Big Idea site you can find a ton of interesting links, like the Pistachio Family Time Fun Guide and Trailers, Songs etc.

Trailer:




Being a huge Veggie Tales fan I can tell you that 99.9% of their videos are completely kid friendly, there hasn't been one that I thought was too scary for the kids. With that said, there IS a small scene at the end that shows a big stapler with big teeth, I didn't find it scary and my kids didn't either but I could see how maybe little ones could. So please keep that in mind when watching, other than that I don't know what else to say about this wonderful movie other than, it's a great addition to the other great Veggie Tales movies.

Definitely a great addition to our collection.

It's filled with great animations, funny adventures and wholesome messages. Thumbs up from my kids!

6 comments:

Mari said...

We love Veggie Tales, even though our kids are grown! We'll have to rent that one. Our church library has a nice supply of them.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

We've been a huge fan of Veggie Tales for as long as I can remember and we know most of the words to these great songs.

I know I will be picking this one up!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Katrina said...

I Love Veggie Tales! =)

Renee said...

We love Veggie Tales! Thanks for the review!

Jillina said...

I refuse to believe your kids have gotten so big. Kelly says our's have grown too, but I'm also refusing to see that. :D

Tracy said...

Sounds like a great Veggie Tales episode to add to the vast collection we have at school. One of the benefits of private Christian education is that you get to watch things like that in the classroom and no one will tell you, you can't.