Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cooking Thursday

Morning everyone, hope you are all having a great start to your day.

I'm so glad it's Thursday, I am looking forward to this weekend more than usual, I don't know why, but I just am LOL


cookingthursday
If you want to use the picture, just click here for the original.

On to today's recipe, this one comes from the Gooseberry Patch Meals in Minutes Cookbook, which I reviewed last night and is actually a giveaway, so if you're interested in winning a copy of the book, head on over to Full Bellies, Happy Kids and leave a comment :)

And by the way, I opened the contest to everyone, not just USA. :)



Easy Cheesy Manicotti

Easy Cheesy Manicotti

4 to 6 qts. water
1-1./2 t. salt, divided
1 T. olive oil
12-oz. pkg. manicotti
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 c. cottage cheese
12-oz. pkg. shredded Monteray Jack cheese
12-oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
24-oz. jar spaghetti sauce


Bring water and one teaspoon salt to a boil; add olive oil and manicotti.


Easy Cheesy Manicotti

Allow to resume boiling; boil for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain boiling water; fill with cool water and set aside.

In a bowl, blend cheeses, egg, parley, garlic and remaining salt; set aside. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in an ungreased 13″x9″ baking pan.

Easy Cheesy Manicotti

Spoon cheese filling into each manicotti until about 3/4 full; arrange on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti; bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.

Serves 6.

Easy Cheesy Manicotti

12 comments:

Mari said...

It looks so good! Do you have any tips on an easy way to fill the manicotti? That's always hard for me.

Denise said...

Thanks for hosting...I shared cowboy eggs this week. Have a great weekend!!

Rachelle S said...

Oooh those look so good, nice and cheesy! I am sharing some Glazed Cinnamon Roll Pancakes which my family just loved! The weekend is coming, be ready to make some for yours! =)

Lois Christensen said...

We love manicotti! I make a crepe to use as the noodle. Delicious! Enjoy your day!

Stacy Makes Cents said...

That picture of manicotti is making this pregnant woman hungry. YUM!
I've linked up two this week:
1. Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Chili
2. One Pot Spaghetti

Thanks for hosting! :-)

phoward336 said...

Super easy, but yummy recipe today! Maple Syrup whipped cream.

Unknown said...

YUM!!! I love manicotti! I have to try this recipe - my boys would love it! Thanks so much for hosting. I've contributed 2 recipes:
1) Healthy & Creamy Shells and Beans
2) Light Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken & Tomatoes
Have a great day! :)

~Jen

threesidesofcrazy said...

Love Manicotti, will be trying this soon.

Unknown said...

This looks like something my little ones will really like. :)

curiouscarrie said...

Oh goodness that looks delicious! I'm definitely thinking that is going to be on my family's menu this weekend!

Ivy B said...

Looks amazing! Now I'm starving!

Amy @ Heritage Homemaker said...

I am SO making this when I get back home. I love Manicotti!