Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/16/2013

Good morning my friends, hope you're all staying warm.

I had a good relaxing weekend and now I'm ready to face the new week ahead, I am sure the Lord is going to bless us immensely in the next few days.  I can just feel it. 

Now, it's time for our Happy Homemaker Monday :)


As I look outside my window:::
Foggy and cloudy with a temperature of 13 degrees.  We are supposed to be in the upper 30's this week though, so we'll see how that goes.  I do hope we get some snow for Christmas. 

Right now I am:::
Still in bed with my hubby sleeping soundly beside me.  I should have gotten up already but I'm so cold that I'm not sure I want to brave the cold quite yet. 

Thinking and pondering:::
About life, about Christmas, about things in general.  My mind is quite muddy the past few days. 

On my bedside table:::
The Witches of East End.  Just watched the season finale on TV last night and there's no way I'll make it until next year for the next season, I really want to know what is going to happen LOL 

On my tv tonight:::
Catching up on:
Tudor Monastery Farm
The White Queen
Started watching Dexter, not sure if I like it yet
Breaking the Faith

Listening to:::
The snoring of the pugs next to me and the crackling fire.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Chicken Spaghetti
Tuesday - Savory Beef with Rice
Wednesday - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday - Pork Chops, Cilantro Lime Rice, Salad
Friday - Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Saturday - Baked Manicotti, Salad
Sunday -  Vegetable Soup, Sandwiches, Jello Dessert

On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Housework - laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, dishes etc
Get ready for my in laws arrival tomorrow night

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Everything is on hold, I haven't had a chance to work on anything, but still have the blanket and the head bands in progress. 

 
My simple pleasure:::

Baking Bread   

Lesson learned the past week:::
To turn the other cheek.  It's such a hard thing to do when you feel you've been unfairly treated, but it's so easy to lash out and say things in the heat of the moment and then regret them right away. 

Much harder is to stop, breathe, and think before replying.  I've had a very difficult week, many things that were thrown at me were heartbreaking and not something I wanted to deal with or hear, or see or find out.  I struggled big time, especially with control and giving it over to God.  But I pulled through and was once again reminded that with HIM everything is possible.  I may not always have the support of others, but as long as I have God and live for HIM, I will continue to be blessed. 

Looking around the house:::
Need to wash the breakfast dishes, I'm sure the kids have already had theirs.  Living room needs a little tidying up and my bedroom needs a bit of rearranging too. 

From the camera:::

My view

Prayer List:::
My husband and brother have both been for a few interviews and they are waiting to hear back this week, praying that something comes through for them both. 
For me.
Family, that they are reminded of how much we love each other and how some things are just not worth fighting about.
My friend Jen who's son had surgery this morning.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

5 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year. Hope you enjoy the time with your in-laws. I liked what you wrote about lesson's learned. I often have trouble thinking before speaking and yes it is hard to bite the tongue. I hope all that is going on will get worked out and much better for you and those who are involved.

Jen said...

Giving God control is something I struggle with on a daily basis. If there is one thing I have learned how to do this year is.. when bad things happen push through and do not look back. Sometimes it is harder said than done.

Thank you for remembering my son in your prayers. He's on the mend. We are ready to put it all behind us and concentrate on Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I hope things breakthrough on the job front for your family.

Sandrocas said...

God be with you and your family, it's hard to be patient at times, but you have a good heart and good intentions, that always shines through. I have a feeling all will be well soon also :)

Susanne said...

Looks like a crisp, cold day from your picture. We went from being the coldest place on earth one day last week to being above freezing this week.

Sometimes lessons to learn are hard to walk through aren't they?