Thursday, October 08, 2026

{ Blogtober 2026 - Day 8 - Turning the corner }

October 7, 2026

 
Well good morning dear friends!
 
It is a beautiful fall morning here in Texas.  Being able to finally turn off the air conditioner, open windows and doors and let the cool air in, is something I very much looked forward to for months.

October 7, 2026

Yesterday afternoon, the fever came back again and with it the body aches, the chills and the headache.  I threw dinner in the oven and then laid on the couch in the den in between checking on dinner and getting the table set. 
 
I wanted a proper meal but didn't have the energy or well being to be standing over the stove, so I made something quick.  I had some leftover rice in the fridge which I used to mix with some ground beef, made a nice tomato sauce and then instead of doing stuffed peppers I did stuffed tomatoes which turned out so delicious......even though I only had one small one because I just was not hungry.
 
After eating dinner, taking a hot shower and climbing into bed, Curt gave me a shot of the Jim Beam Whiskey with Honey and I went to sleep.  I sweated the fever out and thankfully woke up feeling so much better, except for the cough, drainage and the phlegm which has made my throat very sore this morning, but as much as I hate sore throats, I will take this over the high fevers and body aches, and truly I feel better aside from the runny nose and sore throat. 

October 7, 2026


October 7, 2026

While unwell yesterday, I tried to get as much rest as possible but also became a bit bored, and didn't want to just sit around, so I began my newest crochet project from my new book, as seen above.  
 
Crochet Fairy Tales from Kerry Lord.  It is filled with the cutest fairy tale animals and I will definitely be making them all.  But, I had to choose the first one, and I knew exactly which one it would be, Puss.  How adorable is that cat?
 
And the best part is that after making him, we also have the patterns to make his lettuce, the bag, his boots and his cape.   I can not wait.  I've already made two of his paws and just have two more paws to make today, which I will start as soon as this post is published.

October 7, 2026

October 7, 2026

October 7, 2026 

On the ironing board, I have a pile of laundry that I need to iron.  I don't usually iron a lot of clothes, but Curt's work shirts and some of my dressed need ironing.  If you've followed me for a while, you know I love ironing so this isn't so much a chore for me, although while sick the past few days I didn't have the energy to do it. 

 
I also watched a Hallmark movie yesterday while crocheting.  It is one of the newer ones called A Knight to Remember, it was quite cute. 
 
As of this morning Nicholas is a college student and will be starting classes on Monday.  We are so proud of him and so excited for this new journey of his.   
 
He is going to do an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) with a major in Business Administration, and then will follow with a Bachelor of Business Administration. He has been waiting long for this so he is very excited to embark on this new journey. 
 
With that I am closing this very short post because I'm still not well.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to normal.
 
Have a great Thursday! 

 

 

1 comment:

PattyPoo said...

Praying for you. Sounds like the flu. Fevers/chills run in 10-12 hour cycles. Keep hydrated. A cold pack over your thymus(sternum). And try not to take Tylenol unless fever is greater than 101.5. Just lay on the couch and watch fall ambience videos on YouTube.