Monday, January 09, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/09/2017 }

Good morning everyone, welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday!!!

This weekend flew by, literally blinked my eyes and it was gone.  I could have done with a little more relax time, a little more sleeping in, but alas here we are, the start of another week.

Crazier even is that we're almost halfway done with January of 2017.  Goodness!!!

Right, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday for now, I'll be back later with my Goals for 2017 post so if that's something you're curious about, be sure to check in throughout the day :)


Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It's been quite pitiful around here, but thankfully today we're expecting a high of 61 which I'll be very happy with.  The rest of the week we're looking at high 70's and even an 80.  But then by Saturday we are back to 30 degrees and rain/ice/snow mix.  This weather is insane hahah 


On my reading pile::: 
I really, and I mean really want to get to the library sometime this week.  I miss it so much. 

 January 7, 2017


On my TV:::
So I started Bomb Girl, or rather, tried to start Bomb Girls and got interrupted constantly so I watched exactly 5 minutes of the first episode.  I'm sure all you other moms out there know the feeling. 
For this week, I want to watch a couple things, both movies and tv series, but I'll show you below.  Oh and btw I have an upcoming post with movies/series I want to watch.  I think I'm going to break it down into months, and every month I'll show you what I want to watch and what I did watch. 

Versailles
Dark Angel
Bomb Girls
Storks
Moana
Deepwater Horizon



On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  One pot BBQ Chicken Pasta , Salad
Tuesday - Hotdogs with Green Pepper Sauce, Salt and Vinegar Fries
Wednesday - Crockpot Smothered Pork Chops, Basmati Rice
Thursday - Chicken Spaghetti, Mixed Veggies
Friday - Old Fashioned Sloppy Joe Sliders, Pasta Salad
Saturday - Beef Curry
Sunday -Rissois with Fries and Salad


>On my to do list:::
Laundry......Need to wash all of Nick's laundry, plus a load of whites, a comforter and some kitchen towels
Living rooms.....the usual Monday aftermath from the weekend.  No seriously, what happens during the weekend, it's not like I don't clean at all but the house is always a wreck.  Also a little puppy enjoys tearing things apart, like any dryer sheet, paper towel, napkin he gets a hold of so there's paper everywhere.  Vacuum and dust.
Bedroom......make bed, vacuum.
Bathrooms.....toilets, sinks, bathtubs, mop
Homeschooling.....new semester starts today.
Blogging.....Goals for 2017 post.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I've started a new blanket, and I'm using a pattern but adapting it because I've decided I want my blanket to be all just one of the squares used, instead of multiple different ones.  If you're familiar with the Demelza Blanket, that's the one, but I'm only doing the center square.  I'll show you as I go along, here's the first one finished.  I took a picture of the front and back to show you. 

 Here's the back, and I love that it looks so pretty even from behind.


And here's the front of the square.  So instead of making just one of these and then all different squares and patterns for the rest of the blanket, I'm using just this one and doing it in different color combinations.  Essentially using the same colors but in different combinations.  I'm actually finishing off the second square this morning and I'll show you as well how that looks.



Looking around the house:::
Like I said above, it needs serious tending to after the weekend.  I've currently got my back porch french door open, just closed the screen so I can get some fresh air in here.  The sun is shining through the curtains and it actually looks so pretty that I had to take a picture to show you.  Can you see the cross that the light formed on the bottom?



From the camera:::
He is as naughty as a normal puppy, but he also possesses such a sweet personality.  Truly there is not a single mean bone in this body.  Sweet boy Marley!!!



Something fun to share:::
Oh I came upon the most interesting bit of news yesterday.  I think I even shared it on my personal Facebook page, but you all might find it interesting as well.

Did you know that they recently found Queen Elizabeth I's skirt?  It was found in a 13th century English church, and they are now going to put it on display at Hampton Court Palace.  Just another reason I so wish I lived in England.  What a treasure!!! 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/08/20/3BF566DB00000578-4099778-image-a-23_1483908302338.jpg


What I'm wearing today:::
Sweat pants, a tank top and a sweater.  It's what is most comfortable to get through all the housework I need. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Looking through old cookbooks.  I find there's so much history in those and I love reading about how they did things, how they cooked certain dishes, and how much it's changed over the years. 

Bible verse, Devotional::: 
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

John 15:7 (NIV)

 ***********************************

6 comments:

Heather said...

I enjoy browsing old cook books, too! Years ago, I found that my mom had inherited my great grandmother's cook book. It was filled with little notes of her handwriting and tid bits on some of her favorite dishes. I never got to meet her in person (she died shortly after I was born) so it felt like a glimpse into her life that I would have otherwise never known! :)

Jean said...

Great photos as always! Such a sweet puppy. I've been itching to get to the library as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Pamela said...

Deepwater Horizon is an excellent movie - we really enjoyed it. Happy to be back with the Happy Homemakers - have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy MOnday Sandra!! I know what you mean about being interrupted a lot when trying to watch something! Ha! I hope you get to catch up soon.

I love your new blanket so far. Gorgeous colors! And I love that beautiful photo of your window. So peaceful with the sun shining in and I love the cross on the bottom.

Wishing you a blessed week ahead! xoxo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I have been home recovering from a long hospital stay and miserable sickness. I missed this, but hope to get back and join soon. Have a nice week!

blessingsandlilacs said...

Bomb Girls is the bomb. OK, I know no one says that anymore, but I had to :D SO SO good!!


Bethany
www.punkandbird.com