Tuesday, October 06, 2026

{ Blogtober 2026 - Day 6 - Sick day }

IMG_1286
 
 
Oh my word.  Curt has been sick with a bad cold since Saturday and I thought I had missed it, but this morning it smacked me so hard upside the head.  Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and I just knew it was on it's way.
 
I am currently sitting at my desk trying to put up a post for today, completely out of it, with a headache, body aches and the beginning of a fever.  But, I do not want to start skipping days already, so even if it's not a long interesting post of any kind, I still want to put something up.
 
I haven't been very productive today, well, actually I have done some things because they needed doing, but I obviously haven't been as productive as I would have liked to have been.
 
Groceries arrived this morning and I got them all put away and sorted.  
 
Worked two more rows on the crochet blanket and I'm loving it right now, mainly because the intricate part of the pattern is over and we're just creating the corners and structuring the blanket into a square.  It's going much faster than the first few parts.
 
I have now set aside two books that I picked up to read.  First was The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne, I just don't think it's the time for me to read it and when I feel wrong about reading a certain book I follow that instinct and drop it.
 
Then I picked up Arabella by Georgette Heyer and usually I love a period genre read but wasn't feeling it either.
 
So, now I have started The Familiars by Stacey Halls and am just 3 pages in but quite enjoying the story already, it has pulled me in so this may be the new read.  We will see.
 
That is all I have managed today, the fever has just arrived in all it's glory bringing with it the body aches, the headache, the chills and the sweats.  I'm thinking I will just throw together some beef ravioli and sauce, for the boys for dinner.  Don't think I'll be eating, will likely end up with a big cup of tea with ginger, lemon and honey and some toast.
 
Have a blessed Tuesday!   


IMG_1287

1 comment:

Felicia said...

We get got hit with the crud going round last week. Feels like it's taken forever to shake.

Hope you feel better soon! And thanks for the book recommendations putting all three on my TBR