Monday, May 29, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/29/2017 }

Happy Monday friends :)  Come on in and sit for a bit, I have hot coffee with coconut creamer, one of my favorite creamers, by the way.
How has your long weekend been?  Done anything fun, did you stay home or go away?

We've stayed around home and just relaxed.  It feels good to have a quite weekend with no plans and no rushing.  I've been able to catch up on my sleeping, and even took a nap yesterday afternoon, wish is unheard of.  Truthfully I avoid naps because they make me extremely cranky, but I had taken an allergy tablet and it knocked me right out.

Jasmine was playing a game on the Playstation, and I just laid down right next to her and was out.  Hahaha

Anyway, let's get going with our Happy Homemaker Monday, and I'll actually be able to come by and visit you all today :)



The weather:::

Summer has arrived in North Texas....and I mean, really arrived, Saturday we had a high of 106.  Weather has been gorgeo

The weather:::

Summer has arrived in North Texas....and I mean, really arrived, Saturday we had a high of 106.  Weather has been gorgeous, and we still have some hot days ahead, at least until Thursday because it seems that after that, it's at least 5 days of rain, nonstop.


On my reading pile:::
Have two review books going up today.  Started the next review book last night, it's called It takes One to Tango and I'm finding it very interesting.


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Only watched one movie this whole weekend, and that was yesterday.  Hubby and I watched Life, it was brilliant, what a great movie.  I'm going to catch up on The White Princess today, I've only managed to watch the first episode so far.


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
The White Princess

On the menu for this week:::
Monday
Roast Chicken with roast potatoes and carrots.  Steamed Broccoli. 
Tuesday
Spaghetti Pizza Pie    
Wednesday
Stuffed  Green Peppers, Salad
Thursday
Breaded Fish Fillets, Rice  
Friday 
Bacon Spaghetti   
Saturday
Grilled BBQ Chicken, Homemade Fries, Salad 
Sunday
Homemade Pizza 

On my to do list:::
Laundry......One load left to wash, and two loads to put away.
Living rooms.... vacuum, tidy up.
Kitchen..... load dishwasher, tidy up
Blog..... Continue on with the blog to book, I'm now working on 2007.
Put up two book reviews
Visit Happy Homemaker Monday participants.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Picking up the Nuts About Squares blanket again, have a few weeks to catch up on. 


Looking around the house:::

It's peaceful, everyone is still asleep, except for Marley and I.  I have the TV on to the ID Discovery channel and just listening and sort of watching the crime shows on as I type up this post, get breakfast and play with Marley.  I have my curtains open, and the back doors open as well with the screen closed, so I get the fresh air and not the flies.  I can hear the birds chirping outside, lovely morning.    

From the camera:::
I've had such a wonderful time going through old posts.  I came across this picture and my heart melted.  I miss my little boy being so little and needing mommy all the time.  He is now 14, towers over me and sticks to his bedroom.  



What I'm wearing today:::
Still in pajamas right now, but I'll throw on some comfy shorts and a top shortly.  

One of my simple pleasures:::
Spending time with Marley.  I don't understand how some people don't like dogs, I find having a dog one of the most precious things on earth.  He makes me happy, he makes me feel good, he is such a comfort at times.  Definitely a simple pleasure for me :) 


Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share::: 

This quote actually comes from the book I just started last night, and I found it profound and thought provoking.

"In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce.  The trick is to find, and continue to find, the grounds for marriage." - Robert Anderson


9 comments:

Jean said...

Glad you were able to get some rest and have a nice relaxing weekend! I feel the way you feel about dogs but with my cat ;) I do like dogs although I am just more of a cat person. Wonderful quote and so true. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Pamela said...

I miss MudLynn terribly but I know she is a great comfort to Sophia. They have dogs come to visit the campus during the week before finals, when the students are the most stressed. They can visit the library and hang out with the dogs - very calming. Have a great week.

Sherry Jolly said...

Hi Sandra :) For some reason the link is not coming up for me to add my post - are you able to do that?
http://bygloryalone.blogspot.com/2017/05/happy-homemaker-monday-happy-memorial.html

Have a blessed week!

Michelle said...

Nothing quite like a weekend with no plans. Ones of my favorite things.

Jodi said...

Its been a lazy morning here so far... lounging in my pj's, the window open and pup at my feet as well. I do need to get up and get moving, but just have no energy to do it.... it just may be a catch up all week kind of week. Hope you have a great Monday and week as well!!

Lulu said...

what happened to the other dog? you always talk about marley, but never the other one..hope she is ok..

Shellie Almond said...

So happy you were able to get some rest over the weekend! I am excited about your book! Sounds like such an amazing journey! Pray you have a blessed week this week!

Ksunshine52 said...

I feel about my three cats the way you do about Marley! Arwen, Susie & Pip! I don't know what I would do without the love and comfort of my companions! The photo of you and your son is lovely! Put it in a frame! 😊

Lucie said...

Just found your blog.. love it! I will try happy homemaker and see if I stick with it :)